• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

June 2014 SH Long Range Rimfire Competitions

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
___
,_-__\
********____________________________/___\____________________________********
\__________________________________________________/
\__________________________________/
/____\
/_____\
/______\

NEW SHOOTERS WELCOME!!!

It doesn't cost anything, for fun and bragging rights, and we share beneficial information learned each month.

Please view the guidelines & rules for all the Short Range Competitions here:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...rimfire-competition-rules-rev-feb-2013-a.html
Try out the "Support Side" matches for a twist in practice / training.

Click link for Printable Targets:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...range-rimfire-competition-rev-feb-2013-a.html
Set up as the same dimensions as the commercially available, to be used with 8.5" x 11" printer paper, and to use minimal ink.

If there are any problems with any of the links to the targets or rules please PM TOP PREDATOR to try to fix them for the good of the order.

PREVIOUS 2014 SCORES:

JANUARY 2014 SCORES: NONE POSTED
FEBRUARY 2014 SCORES: NONE POSTED
MARCH 2014 SCORES: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/228056-mar-2014-sh-long-range-rimfire-competitions.html
APRIL 2014 SCORES:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-2014-sh-long-range-rimfire-competitions.html
MAY 2014 SCORES: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-2014-sh-long-range-rimfire-competitions.html

PREVIOUS YEARS AND OTHER ARCHIVED INFO:

(also includes links to the former stickies for "LEARNINGS" or "MATCH TALK" tips, tricks, what worked, what didn't, rifle / ammo performance, thoughts, etc.)

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...sh-long-short-range-scores-archived-info.html

LONG RANGE PERFECT SCORE HALL OF FAME:

NESIKABAY....100YP-TQ4...250-25X SEPT 2011 - (Shot Indoors)

STAN OWENS.....100YP-TQ4...250-25X NOV 2013 - (Outdoors)

Last edited:
Hey guys:

If someone is willing to be the "Thread keeper" of the SH Short / Long Range Rimfire Competitions, I'd appreciate it.

I sort of inherited / volunteered to do it since 2009, and although it's not really a tough thing to do, when added to all the other stuff I have going on, every little thing that I do these days seems more like work than recreation. So I'm clearing a few things off the plate, unfortunately the "Thread keeper" being one of them.

If someone is willing and able to take the reigns this month, let me know I'll tell what I do to get the stickie changed, so on and so forth. but this month will be my last.

It was great being able to participate and I had a blast helping to put these things together from the start with the help & suggestions of so many folks (which I am flattered that you guys allowed me to), but it's time for me to let it go.

A link that may help:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...6-sh-long-short-range-competition-go-bys.html

Last edited:
Top Predator: first of all, thanks for all your time and effort spent on this competition for the last 4 years or so. Secondly, If no one step in, I am willing to do it for the 100 yard competition portion. I am busy with 2 jobs, so, it may not get the result posted on every first of the month, but i should able to find time to do this. Thanks again for all your work.

100 YARD

NAME: oneforall
MATCH: 100YB-TQ4
CLASS / SIGHTS: konuspro plus 6-24x50
CALIBER: .22LR
RIFLE: Russian Vostok CM-2
AMMO: SK standard plus
Caldwell rock front, rear shoulder
one wind flag at 14 yard or so
Wind at 5-7 MPH changing
Temp 68 F
SCORE:244 7x?
not happy with the score, but i was in a hurry. shot without waiting wind change directions, just read the flag and adjust POA accordingly and pull the trigger. Load quick and do the same next round. Between 2-3 rounds got the wind wrong, not sure what happened with the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 13
This is my first time shooting this comp. Please point out anything I've done wrong. I believe the same target can be used for TQ4 and 25RD.

NAME: jgraves
CLASS / SIGHTS: (S) / Sightron SIII 10-50x60
AMMO: Lapua Center-X
Shooters Ridge Monkey Bag front, support hand / shoulder rear
no wind flag
Calm and overcast
Temp 75 F / 85% RH
SCORE:250 - 21x

MATCH: 100YB-25RD
CLASS / SIGHTS: (S) / Sightron SIII 10-50x60
Shooters Ridge Monkey Bag front, support hand / shoulder rear
no wind flag
Calm and overcast
Temp 75 F / 85% RH
SCORE:25 - 21x

First time I've shot this target. Quite happy with the score, but the 25x was a possibility tonight. Missed all 4 x's in the first 10 or 12 shots. Wearing a light t-shirt and no rear support my pulse is really noticable at 50x.

20140623cm.jpg

CLASS / SIGHTS: (S) / Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50
RIFLE: Ruger SR-22
Harris 6"-9" Bipod front, support hand / shoulder rear
no wind flag
Calm and overcast
Temp 75 F / 85% RH
SCORE:247 -11x

MATCH: 100YB-25RD
CLASS / SIGHTS: (S) / Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50
RIFLE: Ruger SR-22
Harris 6"-9" Bipod front, support hand / shoulder rear
no wind flag
Calm and overcast
Temp 75 F / 85% RH
SCORE:24 -11x

This rifle has far more KIDD parts than original Ruger parts. By the time I pried it away from my wife, it was getting rather shady. This target was shot with a 3 to 5 second cadence except for reloading the 10 shot mag. Better light and shooting slow would yeild a 250 but I'm not sure 25x is possible with this combo.

20140623sr.jpg

And photo of the guns at the range just after shooting the second target.

20140623gr.jpg

Last edited:
LR 100yd 22lr

100yd

NAME: JG26_Irish
CLASS / SIGHTS: (S) / Sightron BRII 36x
RIFLE: Remington 540XR
AMMO: Wolf Match Extra
Caldwell Rock BR front / shoulder rear
1 wind flag at tgt
Winds MostlyCalm
Temp 77 F / 80% RH
SCORE:250 - 19x

Had all in the x ring until about last 10 shots and I got sloppy. Couple strayed right due to sudden gust of wind and one strayed low that was just unexplained, lol. Most shots clustered in the 3-5 o'clock portion of the x-ring. Entire 25 rd group measured 1.403" vertical and horizontal.

Irish

photo (28).JPG

_______ June 2014 LONG RANGE RESULTS

<----------------100 YARD------------->
100YB-TQ4 (of a possible 250-25x)

.22 CAL S CLASS
1. jgraves SCORE:250 - 21x
2. JG26_Irish SCORE:250 - 19x
3. jgraves Score: 247 -11x with a different rifle
4. oneforall 244 7x

100YB-25RD (of a possible 25-25x)
1. jgraves SCORE:25 - 21x
2. jgraves Score: 24 -11x with a different rifle and bi-pod

Very happy to see two top shooting scores and yes, so close in scoring. Two shooters used the Russian CM-2. that Ruger semi auto sure can shoot, same go to the Remington 540XR.