• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

June course of fire at Topstraps Rimfire Challenge

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
In case anyone ever wondered what a typical course of fire is at one of my matches here is June 2022 match description. Most are nearly the same with slight variations for the final stage.

Topstraps Rimfire Challenge

All stages are shot with one shot per target, no duplicate hits. Shooters will be allowed five (5) sighters this match. If a shooter misses twice they get a free sighter. All stages shot left to right

Stage 1: 25 yards. 5 shots needed. Playing Cards Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 2: 37 yards. 5 shots needed. Itty Bits Value is 1 point each except for 1st target which is worth 2 points if you shoot it first. Otherwise shoot Number 2 thru 6. Max score is 6 points.

Stage 3: 50 yards. 10 shots needed. KYL Humbler One shot per target. This is a KYL stage, miss 1 you start over. If you get first 5 they are safe, then if you miss 1 you restart at number 6 till you use up your 10 shots. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 10 points.

Stage 4: 62 yards. 5 shots needed. Dominoes, Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 5: 75 yards. 5 shots needed. Small Shoot Thru. Value is 1 point each. A hit on the black equals a 0. Putting solid lead on white is a hit and counts for 1 point. Max score is 5 points

Stage 6: 87 yards. 5 shots needed. Polygons. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 7: 100 yards. 5 shots needed. Random Spare Rack. Value is 1 point each for the first 5. Must shoot white loop, not shoot thru it. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 8: 112 yards. 5 shots needed. Crazy Stars. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 9: 125 yards. 5 shots needed. Candy Canes. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 10: 137 yards. 5 shots needed. Large Shoot Thru. Value is 1 point each. 1 shot on each of the 4 pie shaped pieces and 1 shot on center circle. Max score is 5 points

Stage 11: 150 yards. 5 shots needed.. Ascending Circles. Value is 1 point each. Smallest target is shot first. If you miss continue to the next larger circle. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 12: 162 yards. 5 shots needed. Large Bowling Pins. Value is 1 point each. You may shoot the 6th which is worth 2 points as part of your 5 shot string. Max score is 6 points.

Stage 13: 175 yards. 5 shots needed. White Pizza Pieces. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 14: 187 yards. 5 shots needed. Horseshoes. Value is 1 point each. Max score is 5 points.

Stage 15: 197 yards. 10 shots needed. KYL Big to Little Circles Value is 1 point each. Top row is 10, 9 , 8, 7 and 6 inch circles, bottom row is 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 inch circles. This is a KYL stage, miss 1 you start over. If you get first 5 they are safe, then if you miss 1 you restart at number 6 till you use up your 10 shots Max score is 10 points.

Stage 16: ??? yards. 6 shots needed. Mini Descending Circles Value is 1 point each. This is a bonus stage, $1.00 from each entry will be put into a pot for this stage. You may use your 5th sighter on this stage. Shoot each circle from left to right till your 6 shots are used up. Winner recieves the pot, in case of a tie winners split the pot. Max score is 6 points.

Topstrap

Reactions: JKW70
Where is this event held, and have you ever had anyone attempt it with an iron sights?

I'm in Eastern Ohio, St. Clairsville. We shoot peep sights all the time. I have a separate 4moa target on each rack just for the iron sight competitors. They shoot that target the same number of times that the scoped shooters have targets on their rack. Many of the targets on the regular racks are too small to be seen by most without optics.

Topstrap

Reactions: JKW70
I'm in Eastern Ohio, St. Clairsville. We shoot peep sights all the time. I have a separate 4moa target on each rack just for the iron sight competitors. They shoot that target the same number of times that the scoped shooters have targets on their rack. Many of the targets on the regular racks are too small to be seen by most without optics.

Topstrap

I found a video of yours when I saw the targets I knew I could never finish half the course with irons. I have a couple older 22 rifles I would love to attempt this with. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: Topstrap