• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Just a heads up on Wipe-Out foam and Aluma-Hyde II

USMCj

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2008
Nazzifornia
Aluma-Hyde II is some tough stuff, it doesnt mind most bore solvents. Well Wipe-Out foam will melt it off like nothing! I mean it will make the paint disappear/vanish. As in no trace of it on the cleaning cloth or anything.

Just a fair warning.

Re: Just a heads up on Wipe-Out foam and Aluma-Hyde II

Shit. Thanks for the heads up. I just sprayed my latest concoction with AH II and my favorite cleaning solvent is WipeOut. Luckily it's a 6.5-06 so the barrel life is only going to be about 4 cleanings anyway.

Yeah, thanks for the warning. I was going to try the AHII matte clear over my next paint job.

Do any of you guys have experience with their clear and does it come out pretty flat? Most of the clears I've tried come out more on the satin end of the scale. Really looking for as flat as I can and still be somewhat tough.

John

Hoppes Bench Rest will eat it off if you leave it on over a minute or 2.

what about cerakote? I haven't seen any problems with my wipe out and the accelerator, but thought I'd ask.

I dont think anything will eat up cerakote.