• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Just a one-star rating for a Marriott resort ..........................................

I read about that a few days ago. She was lucky. No CCW in Mexico.

Ah. Yes, I thought as much.

Kiana Hummel, an 18 year old from the Bay Area, told ABC7 News on Tuesday that she was sitting on the sand with a friend at the hotel's private beach, about to take a midnight swim, when she felt a crocodile bite her leg and drag her towards the ocean. She hit the crocodile, causing it to let go - but it then latched onto her other ankle, she said.

Natalie wrote in the review that "had my group not been sitting on the patio near the beach that poor girl would've DIED."

This really shouldn't need to be said but...

Do. Not. Go. Swimming. In. Unfamiliar. Unlit. Waters. At. Night. Maybe I just have had a different experience growing up in a part of the country where we have sharks, venomous snakes, and giant hell-lizards in the water but does nobody watch Animal Planet or NatGeo anymore?

That's the same reason why that little kid got eaten by an alligator at Disney World a few years ago: They went out into the lagoon AT NIGHT and waded around. Gators and crocs go into shallow water at night to feed. The girl is lucky to be alive but she's stupid for having done it. I bet the hotel staff would've told them not to do that if they'd said anything.

Natalie said that the hotel had crocodile warning sides, and that staff patrolled the beach, but that they weren't there during the attack.

"That crocodile is a monster and will be back on your beaches until he gets what he wants, do something about it before you kill one of your guests."

A Marriott spokesperson confirmed the incident to ABC7 News and said that "appropriate signage, as well as night patrolling and red flags, were and are properly in place."

Marriott did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Natalie's claims.

Yes and it's a WILD CROCODILE. The staff are not going to be out there looking for crocodiles in the middle of the night. The crocodile is not there 24/7. The staff cannot guarantee that the beach is safe from crocodiles if it's in the water and they don't know it's there. Don't go swimming at night.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things about traveling out of the US is getting away from the pervasive sense among most Americans that everything is supposed to be safe at all times and it’s someone else’s fault if you do something stupid and get hurt.

Just gotta' know how to talk to 'em...

1627598178076.png

• Haha
Reactions: Docsherm
Ah. Yes, I thought as much.

Kiana Hummel, an 18 year old from the Bay Area, told ABC7 News on Tuesday that she was sitting on the sand with a friend at the hotel's private beach, about to take a midnight swim, when she felt a crocodile bite her leg and drag her towards the ocean. She hit the crocodile, causing it to let go - but it then latched onto her other ankle, she said.

Natalie wrote in the review that "had my group not been sitting on the patio near the beach that poor girl would've DIED."

This really shouldn't need to be said but...

Do. Not. Go. Swimming. In. Unfamiliar. Unlit. Waters. At. Night. Maybe I just have had a different experience growing up in a part of the country where we have sharks, venomous snakes, and giant hell-lizards in the water but does nobody watch Animal Planet or NatGeo anymore?

That's the same reason why that little kid got eaten by an alligator at Disney World a few years ago: They went out into the lagoon AT NIGHT and waded around. Gators and crocs go into shallow water at night to feed. The girl is lucky to be alive but she's stupid for having done it. I bet the hotel staff would've told them not to do that if they'd said anything.

Natalie said that the hotel had crocodile warning sides, and that staff patrolled the beach, but that they weren't there during the attack.

"That crocodile is a monster and will be back on your beaches until he gets what he wants, do something about it before you kill one of your guests."

A Marriott spokesperson confirmed the incident to ABC7 News and said that "appropriate signage, as well as night patrolling and red flags, were and are properly in place."

Marriott did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Natalie's claims.

Yes and it's a WILD CROCODILE. The staff are not going to be out there looking for crocodiles in the middle of the night. The crocodile is not there 24/7. The staff cannot guarantee that the beach is safe from crocodiles if it's in the water and they don't know it's there. Don't go swimming at night.
What's wrong with swimming at night?
1627603200211.png

All kidding aside whatever is out there during the night is out there during the day. There are lots of daytime shark attacks. Depends on where you are. The pool for instance should be safe.....
1627603329016.png

Godammmm it so much never mind we are bait.....

I stayed at a Marriott last Friday in OKC............no crocodiles, but the guy at the desk did recommend a nice bar within walking distance........I would give them a 4 out of 5......breakfast was nothing to write home about........

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I guess this shows that the crocodiles don't read the signs.

This story is tantamount to the stupid broad that wanted the 'deer crossing' signs moved further down the highway. This way, her daily trip would be less interrupted if the deer would only cross 'down there' instead of 'up here'.