• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just a picture of my rifle

One_Man

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Selma, Texas
Got my Sightron SIII 6-24x50 from Scott @ LO so I took a picture. Can't wait to shoot it with the new glass.

cimg3678.jpg

Re: Just a picture of my rifle

Great Rifle! Now go out and shoot it! Looks like a nice day out there!

Just like the rifle I am looking to build, except I'm adding Vais brake, Karsten cheek rest, and CDI DBM... Nice rifle! Be sure to post range target pics. If it is like any other Savage it should shoot very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like the rifle I am looking to build, except I'm adding Vais brake, Karsten cheek rest, and CDI DBM... Nice rifle! Be sure to post range target pics. If it is like any other Savage it should shoot very well. </div></div>

Depending on your scope height, you may not need a cheekpiece. Those B&C's have a pretty nice weld as they are.

Parkincense-nice rifle. How's she shoot?

Thanks Maxpower, that is what I figured also, but due to my USO having 35mm tube, it will be taller by default for clearance but I will see once everything is setup...

bipod + rear bag. 1st impression of SIII is that it is very clear, love the target turrets.

Nice rifle and shooting. I will be surprised if you don't like the scope over time. I think the SIII is a very good scope for the money. It should not disappoint.

Very nice groups! Hand loads or factory?

If it shoots like this now, I wonder if bedding the stock can improve it, that is if you haven't bedded it already.
smile.gif

I bought the same scope from Scott about a month ago. So far I have been very pleased. It tracks like a champ and the clarity is great. I do most of my shooting at known distances so I didn't really need all the extra bells and whistles.

DSC_0609.jpg

Good looking stick,and nice shooting!

I shoot at my deer lease near Marble Falls. I have plenty of room to shoot out there. Hitting something at distance has been my problem. I don't think I have a good long range load developed yet. Also, I can't read the wind to save my life.

Nice clean stick there Park!! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

DK

Clean lookin rifle there bro, tell us how you like the glass!
-Felipe

I have just installed the same stock on my 700 along with CDI bottom metal. With the aluminum bedding block in the bell and carlson stock I don't think you have to bed it, if it shoots well. I like your rifle, what brake are you running on it?

Nice shooting and great looking stick. Might get a stock like that for my savage.