• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Just a quick fix I did on my bolt today

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
I got my rifle back from GAP, they put a PTG bolt and a couple other things, everything looks AWESOME! I went to mount my Falcon Menace scope, and the bolt hits. I could have gotten higher rings, but with my stock and pad the current rings are about perfect. So, I decided that I would create some clearance on the bolt. So I took out my handy dre-MILL and went to work. Here are a couple pictures of the finished job after a coat of durabake:

2qtaf41.jpg

7286xk.jpg

Re: Just a quick fix I did on my bolt today

Wish I had taken some pre pics, but yeah, it came out real nice. The bolt now has just enough clearance so it won't hit the scope! Funny thing I was more nervous taking the dremel to the $200 bolt assembly than I was to the $500 stock LOL

Thanks for the comment

Dave

I understand the bolt has more to do with functionality and safety than the stock, by the way the one I got from you is still working perfect

It's a fine line to walk. I have skinned my knuckle on my Falcon a couple times with the stock knob.

Good job. I really couldn't tell you did any Dremel time on it.