• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just a quick review on a couple of Terminator Brakes.

SemperFiDawg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Dublin, Georgia
I decided to outfit a few of my rifles with new muzzle brakes. After doing the best I could to research the topic (mostly here, and thanks fellow Hide members) I decided on a couple of Terminator brakes. I contacted [email protected] and ordered the T2B for my Desert Tactical SRS 308 and another for a Ruger RPR 338 Lapua Mag I had just purchased. I think they arrived within 2 days. Upon opening them I was struck by how small they were. I checked and checked again to make sure they were the right size. I thought, "There ain't no way these little things are gonna work."

Well I made it to the range today and WOW, I couldn't be more impressed. My first shot with the 308 SRS and literally my first thought was "That was an undercharged load. Let me check the barrel for a lodged projectile." Then a gear turned upstairs and said "check the target through the scope dummy" and sure enough there was a hole in it. Just prior to this I had mounted a Trijicon MRO on my kids AR-15 and had sighted it in. The recoil of the SRS with the T2B brake on it wasn't a fraction of the recoil of the AR. It was a heck of a lot closer to a 22 rimfire than the AR.....not exaggerating. In other words it was essentially non-existent. In fact I thought, "Heck I can let my 9 year old (who has only shot rimfire to this point,) fire the SRS now." and he isn't but 83 pounds.

Then I broke out the Ruger RPR 338 Lapua with the Terminator TF brake mounted on it. I had seen a youtube review where someone had mounted it on the same rifle and compared the recoil to an AR-15. I was very skeptical, but after putting 15 rounds down range I would have to agree. It's pretty dang close. In fact the recoil pulse itself may be a little tamer. I'm no expert and I haven't tried a lot of different brakes, but Terminators will be going on all my rifles as funds become available.

Reactions: BCX
I will second Terminator brakes. I would have had more if not for the fact that they need to be timed.

I will second Terminator brakes. I would have had more if not for the fact that they need to be timed.
My TF brake was timed and if I'm not mistaken, they now have a timed 308 brake also. I DO remember speaking with Brian and was going with the timed one in 308, but decided I could get away with a crush washer for a little cheaper. I don't know if they have them for every caliber, but it may be worth looking into.