• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just A Thought

JJ_Miller

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2011
Gilmer Co. WV
Browsing the forum......1 member reading fitness, 5 reading training, and 128 reading equipment................................interesting...............................JJ

Re: Just A Thought

I'll play. I read the Equipment, Optics, and Bolt Action sections mainly. I "read" the Motivational thread in the Maggie's Drawer's section when I want to see some interesting T&A. If I wanted advice on fitness I'd go on the Wannabebig forum. I have no doubt the dudes on there (Fitness section) know there shit, but it's not what I use this resource for.

Threefinger, I guess I was not really playing..........I used to run, stay in the weight room, jump outta planes, ski, scuba, shoot and all that stuff, courtesy of our Uncle Sam. But now at age 51 I am in line for 2 new knees and c-spine surgery. Not complaining..........I just realize that being in good shape and well trained is worth 2 S&B scopes and 1 range finder when it comes to shooting.

I would do it all over again. I came from the head of the holler in central WV. I would have never experienced or learned all that I did were it not for the military.

My very first 5 plane rides were one way trips in jump school....................JJ

I just finished up a round of therapy after 2 back surgeries. I used to lift for power and strength, but I'm going to have to modify my goals. I spend about 10-12 hours a week on my fitness. That includes about 1 hour of stretching every day. Stretching, core and cardio seem to make me feel the best, so that's what I focus on. I spend way more time working out than shooting unfortunately. I don't even see exercising as a hobby anymore, it's a necessity.

Good lick on your surgeries JJ,