• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just an FYI.. Criterion CORE Barrels availability.

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 13, 2007
    PNW
    Having looked for a 16" CORE from Criterion barrels for quite a few months.... I decided to e-mail them yesterday.

Here is the response, and I will say, it was prompt and very professional.
    So again... just an FYI, and I promptly ordered one from rooftopdefense.com ( already got the confirmation )

Very nice to see Criterion truly cares about the average guy.

"I apologize for the long lead times and shortage of barrels. This is directly due to the highest demand on the firearms industry in recorded history (far higher that both world wars combined). We have been working round the clock, adding additional shifts, nearly doubling our manpower, doubling the size of our facility, purchasing new machines to the tune of millions of dollars of investments, and continue to produce more barrels every month, month after month. This is still not enough to meet current demands. There is also a limit to how fast we can responsibly scale our operations, however, projections for increased production look very good and are on track. Please believe me, nobody wants to meet demands more than we do.

With the CORE Series barrels, these happen to be our most popular product line and they are heavily backordered. These barrels have design features and offer exceptional performance and have been selected by numerous special forces units, SWAT Teams, police departments, and tens of thousands of armed American citizens. On our website, many of these barrels are available for purchase on backorder with lead times posted on the website when you select a given barrel length. We also have distributors like Rooftop Defense that currently has some of the barrels in stock and ready to ship.

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/criterion-core-13-9-223-wylde-midlength-barrel-18-twist/

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/criterion-core-16-223-wylde-midlength-barrel-18-twist/

I hope this provides you with some information and gives you a few available options. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Please do not give up on us. We are truly making every move that we can to get more barrels to those that need them.

Sincerely,

Michael Ross
    [email protected]"

I am going to tell you this; you will enjoy that barrel. If you can swing get a second one for back up, spare, down the roll…

Reactions: bfoosh006
    I'm fairly certain it'll never happen but I'd love to see a CORE 16" RLGS. Would make an awesome reasonably inexpensive, long lasting, sufficiently accurate 3 gun barrel.

They are good folks at Criterion. I'm a dealer for them and I did a $15k order or so through them and was informed of the lead time could extend into this fall/early winter. But was assured that they are turning barrels out faster than before but striving to keep their QC tight to put out the best product they can. You won't be disappointed.