• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just....awesome

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Today was...just awesome. Had a weird alert on my camera doorbell system while at work; when I turned on my camera there was an individual with a hoodie on (it was 70+ degrees), backpack, face mask, etc trying to hide behind one of the pillars with his cell phone out doing...something. I could see a silver-ish sedan parked oddly in my driveway as well.

I watched him for a good minute before I turned on my camera mic and asked this individual what I could help him with. Que the instant run to the waiting vehicle.

When the wife got home the neighbor two doors down instantly ran over. Apparently, the idiot came back with his friends and luckily my neighbor was home. They were trying to find a way into my house and truck, in the middle of the day. When my neighbor confronted them, the one guy who was lurking around my house ran off to t waiting vehicle. Cops were called, and when I finally got home from work I had a nice chat with my neighbor and his wife. Thanked them for looking out for me, and we’re on high alert right now.

Im hoping these idiots don’t make the mistake of coming back. I’ve already went and bought a whole home security camera system that’s going up. I am a little paranoid right now and sleeping is going to be tough.

What does your gut tell you about why they targeted your house?

Only asking for my own consideration about my house. Not sure I would get to the door bell mic in time.

Most burglaries occur during the day. They know that most people work during those hours and they have the house to themselves. Sleep well tonight, they won't be back for at least a few days. Nosy neighbors are just as good of a deterrent as a barking dog.
    I’ve got a very good nosy neighbor as well as two dogs that bark, a lot. I’m hoping that them being on camera/getting run off my the neighbor taught them this isn’t the place.

What does your gut tell you about why they targeted your house?

Only asking for my own consideration about my house. Not sure I would get to the door bell mic in time.
    Lots of packages dropped off constantly thanks to work? Very good question. I Iive on a semi-busy street so it’s puzzling me.

i am surprised they are so persistent when you "caught" them once. are you an obvious target?

i am surprised they are so persistent when you "caught" them once. are you an obvious target?
    Nope, or at least I don’t think so. From what the neighbor told me, the one guy on foot had gone down the street mailbox to mailbox going through them, and then ended up back at my house looking around in the back of my empty truck bed when he caught him. It’s very strange/weird. Apparently before I owned this house it was broken into once before...

I’ve got a very good nosy neighbor as well as two dogs that bark, a lot. I’m hoping that them being on camera/getting run off my the neighbor taught them this isn’t the place.
    I think you'll be okay. There are easier marks than you. Between your actions and your neighbor, they know it won't be an easy burglary. Good Luck!

Nope, or at least I don’t think so. From what the neighbor told me, the one guy on foot had gone down the street mailbox to mailbox going through them, and then ended up back at my house looking around in the back of my empty truck bed when he caught him. It’s very strange/weird. Apparently before I owned this house it was broken into once before...
    do you get gun magazines, or nra stuff in the mail every day? forbes and wall street journal? :p

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I think you'll be okay. There are easier marks than you. Between your actions and your neighbor, they know it won't be an easy burglary. Good Luck!
    Thank you. Praying/hoping this was a one time thing.

do you get gun magazines, or nra stuff in the mail every day? forbes and wall street journal? :p
    Hell no, just piles of bills, and the occasional delinquent notices. Too poor for anything else.

Youve got one hell of a neighbor. He could have gotten shot, Better take him and his wifr to a nice restaurant for supper.
    Yup. Army vet and his wife isn’t nothing to play with either lol. We try to look out for each other. I told them next time I’m smoking pork butt or having a shrimp boil their whole family is invited over.

Stickers, wordy plate frame or vanity plates on the vehicles that may attract the wrong attention?

I still have a very conservative license plate. Has something to do with one of the first 10 Amendments. I'm not replacing it. They can all pound sand.

i-own-firearms-backhoe-sign-k-0313_pl.png

There’s a reason our new place has a 250’ long driveway ... and a discreet, but impossible to miss “Smile, you’re on camera!” sign As you enter our property.

...and an alarm system.

...and motion activated lights on every exterior wall.

...and a very sturdy 6’ cattle fence.

...and dogs.

...and, well ... other deterrents ... if they somehow make their way uninvited into our home.

Came home once several years ago to a burglary in progress at our house when I was stationed in N. kalifornia...they broke out a window and hopped over the fence in our back yard to get away as we came in the front. Thank God.

Pretty sure it was just local punk kids, but that incident got my attention. Never again.

shame that alert was not telling you your dog was eating someone that tried to break in your house and that they really would appreacate it you could send the legs to the hospital where the rest of the body was found . best of luck holes can be filled up as well as filled in ..

It’s not “strange/weird” at all. He/they were casing your place, getting ready to burglarize your house and truck. They are looking for easy to pawn/unload items to support their drug habits.
    When you see something like that via your camera, remotely turn on the sirens/flashing lights and call the cops.

They're looking for hidden drugs or ammunition. I'm going with ammunition, higher street price and easier to find buyers without anyone asking questions.

They will only get more emboldened. Slap on the wrist - IF caught