• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Just bought a scope, need help with rings and base

handym3000

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
illinois
I just bought a Kahles Helia cl multi zero 3-10x50 w/ side focus for my new rifle. w/ 1" tube.
grin.gif

I am going to put on the new Savage 10 fp precision carbine w/ the new accustock w/ digital camo in 308 winchester, w/ removable magazine, that comes out at the end of april.

I am having a hard time deciding on a ring and base setup.

I want some thing extremely durable and that would last a long time.

I would like a one piece base w/ a cutout for the rounds. I would like to also get a set of 4 screw rings that are removable.

the max range that i will be shooting will be 300-500 yards. a 20 moa base is not really necessary.

This will be my hunting rifle.

Tank you for all of your help

Re: Just bought a scope, need help with rings and base

I'll save you from the beatings. Seekins base and rings. Good stuff and a Hide member. Can easily be purchased through Liberty Optics (another Hide member). Hope this helps.

well they don't make a medium high /high set of rings for a 1" scope.

I like the base design but i need a 1" ring set med/high for the 50mm objective

What height Warne rings should i go with?

High or Extra High for the 50 mm objective?

thanks

so if i go with a seekins base w/ a warne tactical medium height 1" rings this should be good to go right?

awesome

I dont know if the seekins base sits as high as a warne base.All i can say for sure is if you use a warne base,warne tactical 1"med.rings this will work with a 50mm scope.