• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Just Can't Decide

08Cayenne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
East Central Ohio
Will be getting my dream build soon, action is complete now waiting on the stock, it's been 2 years up to this point. It's a LRB M25 M14, Krieger heavy contour stainless 22" barrel, NOS TRW bolt, op rod, and trigger group, Winchester unitized gas system, reamed OM flash suppressor, all internals are USGI or Sadlak. This will be my new long range rifle, didn't even put irons on it, will strictly be scoped. Stock will be a pillar bedded heavy walnut hybrid type, cross between a heavy and an E2.

I don't have a lot of experience with long range optics, have a NXS on my current rifle and have been very happy with it. Again it will be strictly long range, FFP is prefered but SFP is okay also. I do like to range with the reticle. Mainly will be shooting prone with a Bobro bipod. I'm down to these 3 in no particular order. From what I've been reading when you get to this price point it's mainly a matter of preference and I've read a lot of threads in this section. I do have a couple of NXS's but have never seen or looked thru my other 2 choices, just not available in my area. it's hard to spend that much money without actually seeing one. From the more experienced shooters is there any reason to pick one of these over the other. Anyone with experience with all 3? Elevation won't be an issue, I have the LRB 20 MOA rail if needed. Other suggestions on scopes is appreciated also.

1. Nightforce Beast F1 with MOAR reticle, I know they are not available yet but I would assume the optics are close to the NXS.
2. USO 5-25x58 ER-25 with a MDMOA reticle
3. S&B 5-25x56 PMII/LP/MTC with a P4L fein reticle

Last edited:
Nightforce (I think) kinda missed the mark...at least at that price point. I love my SB with the P4. There have been some great deals pop up on them too. If you shoot a lot go for the SB, if not its a waste of money.... great scope just a lot of funds tied up....Lazy (hide member) has some crazy deals on USO's....may be the way to go and save a couple bucks....It's not on your list but after night force I went to Premier, that was a great scope had both the 3x5 and 5x25. Never had an issue, bought a SB and sold the Premier. I would still buy another at the right price. As far as SFP Vs FFP....GO FFP it's a feature you always end up using....It's nice not to have to worry about what power your on to range.... Even when your just zeroing...

Also had the Razor and PST. I really cant say enough about the CS from Vortex....Razor was nice but not my cup of tea

I'm curious, why do you list SFP preferred but then list three FFP scope options to choose from?

FWIW, if you have the money to spend, you probably can't go wrong with a 5-25 S&B CCW H2CMR