• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just caught something interesting

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
On another site I visit I looked at a post from and FNG that struck me as interesting. Why? Because I wrote it just 5 weeks back. That person/BOT/AI program changed one word that meant the same, then used another word to link to a home/office ect cleaning service.
Course being the pussy I am I laid it out for the site day care gang unit workers, they have. We'll see how this turns out.
This type of thing could get out of hand real quick.

It’s happening often on all forums, fucking bot spammers are all over the place. They will also post something mildly relevant to a thread that smells like spam without the link, and come back three or so days later with an edit adding the spam link.

I just hit the report button with a “spammer” comment and move on, but occasionally tell them to go fuck themselves with a pine tree or something. It does no good, the spammer never even sees it, but I still get a mild chuckle out of it.

It’s happening often on all forums, fucking bot spammers are all over the place. They will also post something mildly relevant to a thread that smells like spam without the link, and come back three or so days later with an edit adding the spam link.

I just hit the report button with a “spammer” comment and move on, but occasionally tell them to go fuck themselves with a pine tree or something. It does no good, the spammer never even sees it, but I still get a mild chuckle out of it.
It was not even from that site is why, I though it was so interesting.

When I think it is a bot/AI I go to a random sentence generator and post three totally unrelated sentences. I'm sure it won't do anything, but in my mind if the AI is trying to "learn" and if we all did that on an obvious AI bot, then maybe we can confuse it enough? I know i would take a lot of random posts but if nothing else it's a little fun.

For instance:
Random sentence generator

I met an interesting turtle while the song on the radio blasted away.
The secret code they created made no sense, even to them.
There's probably enough glass in my cupboard to build an undersea aquarium.

95% of the posts in the Pit that are seeking actual helpful advice are spam/ bot accounts reposting other forum posts from other websites.

if you look at the profiles, they are always new accounts with 3 posts, the first one is almost always in the new members area and it almost always is a reply to someone saying "you are welcome"

IDK what the end goal is......bot training?....general fuckery?....something more nefarious?....

but were seeing a hand full a week doing this shit
Just seen (what was proven to be fake)of a photo of Trump on the so called Pedo plane with women surrounding him.
I pray they allow open tags to be filled of those doing this kind of thing, as it will get to the point nothing will be trusted & innocents will suffer.

Just seen (what was proven to be fake)of a photo of Trump on the so called Pedo plane with women surrounding him.
I pray they allow open tags to be filled of those doing this kind of thing, as it will get to the point nothing will be trusted & innocents will suffer.
I'll wager that a majority is done by the alphabet. How many of the 23 million fed workers are in "cyber security "?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
It was not even from that site is why, I though it was so interesting.
They do that here, scrape OPs from other forums to sound like they know what they're talking about, then change it later with spam or simply use it to gain credibility. Plug a sentence of the copied post into a search engine, good odds you'll see the same posted on four or more forums as well.

On another site I visit I looked at a post from and FNG that struck me as interesting. Why? Because I wrote it just 5 weeks back. That person/BOT/AI program changed two words that meant the same, then used another word to link to a home/office ect cleaning service.
Course being the pussy I am I laid it out for the site day care gang unit workers, they have. We'll see how this turns out.
This type of thing could get out of hand real quick.

Sirgunfightermechanic14e2

PS Follow me for more tips on gun hunting vest Stanley cooler deals in all MOA sizes.

When I think it is a bot/AI I go to a random sentence generator and post three totally unrelated sentences. I'm sure it won't do anything, but in my mind if the AI is trying to "learn" and if we all did that on an obvious AI bot, then maybe we can confuse it enough? I know i would take a lot of random posts but if nothing else it's a little fun.

For instance:
Random sentence generator

I met an interesting turtle while the song on the radio blasted away.
The secret code they created made no sense, even to them.
There's probably enough glass in my cupboard to build an undersea aquarium.
I like the premise here, but if the random sentences are put together by another AI would they not cancel each other out?

Now the whole bot thing, I can spot obvious spam, big whoop. But like a bot account? Unless it's one of those deals where the conversation is totally skewed and approaching nonsensical I think I usually toss it up to foreigners and language barriers.

I just can not remember the last time I read a post and thought, this is a bot. But guys are saying that shit all the time. Half the time I think guys call other guys bots when they rub them the wrong way.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lash
This place is over run with those cockroaches. Almost every thread title, I copied & pasted from here into a search, came up as the first line item.
Another site I'm on that requires 100% vetting shows nothing. Yet another that has a totally different theme, while encompassing guns & better tools, does not show anything either.

A lot of the draw here for bots is just forum popularity and activity. I just flagged five more posts this morning for the mods. Wallets, lawyers, who would have thought those would be spammer targets…

Now I'm afraid to write anything.

Let's play "Spoof the AI" so that they can't parse our sentences. Every third word a cuss word? Start inserting random symbols in what we type? Run-on sentences? Nah, sounds like too much work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AmmoFort