• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Just curious question

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
For those who have been deployed in a field marksmen role with a bolt gun, how much ammo do you carry with you?

Re: Just curious question

Depends... what weapon system, lenght of deployment, area, EC, terrain, number of people in team and loadout, secondary weapons in element, is resupply available, distance from QRF forces, ect...

Can give anymore details?

M40 variant, 2 man team spotter/shooter, scout mission in the middle east, secondary is sidearms and spotter with carbine or appropriate. Distance and resupply im unsure of.

Just say a routine mission

note im a cilivian and im just curious

Sounds like somebody is getting Zombie prepped
laugh.gif

no zombies, just curious what a mission loadout is for those who use and survive off what some of the matches I shoot simulate

is the bolt gun used widely in urban environments? it seems a gas gun such as a SR25 would be more suitable but i know it is mission specific

for "missions" - i'd carry as much as a can before it starts getting too cumbersome (weight and space) to carry.

like a condom, it's good to know you have one just in case you need it, rather than not having one and knowing you'll need it.

Excluding the rounds IN the gun, take 50 rounds ON the gun. I put one of those 10 round elastic buttstock round holders and slip it on so it goes around the scope (if you have a sunshade on it) and the stock. then two boxes (40 rds) in a pouch on the buttstock. Thow an extra box in a thigh rig if you feel like you need it. Butt its all really METT-TC. If you have a feeling its gonna be a hellstorm, bring as much ammo as you feel practical.