• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Finished Reading 'Accuracy and Precision For Long Range Shooting'

ken4570tc in WY

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2018
Wheatland, Wyoming
I just completed reading Bryan Litz's 'Accuracy and Precision For Long Range Shooting'. When the cranial swelling goes down I'll remove the duct tape and perhaps start the more exhaustive 'Applied Ballistics For Long-Range Shooting'. The statistical analysis was like trying to wade through a swamp with knee deep boot sucking scum. That being said, I have to admit, I've learned a whole knew appreciation for all those that have endured the depth of training required to become proficient in the long-range/ELR world. I did like the way he laid out the difference between 'precision vs accuracy' and the factors that go with each. I would recommend this book for all who desire a better understanding of what goes into making a good long range shot and the necessity for reliable equipment and reliable data. That and much more is covered between the covers. I'd consider it a good taste of the more in-depth 'Applied Ballistics For Long-Range Shooting'. Before reading each chapter go to the summary to get a good grasp of the highlights to pay attention to. If you like marking the nuggets of wisdom, this will key you in when you read. I ordered the two books from Brownell's. They had both in-stock at discounted pricing, I had a coupon code for an additional 10% off, plus my order qualified for free shipping. If you've got any feedback concerning these books or the classes that Applied Ballistics offers let me know. Merry Christmas to all!

Reactions: DocUSMCRetired
I have the "Applied Ballitics for Long Range Shooting" and recently finished reading it for the third time. I think he does a nice job at simplifying the concepts on what affects the bullet during a long range shot.

Reactions: Lonestar1027
Is there a lot of overlap between the two books or is it worth buying both?

You will not find a lot of overlap, but at times you will find more recent knowledge to long term studies. Sometimes you might also find more detailed experimental data and more depth to a topic in the secondary books. The ABfLRS book is designed as a foundation book, and should help better understand the information in the other books from the set.