• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just finished the Tough Mudder in Attica, IN

dpairborneranger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
KY
I just completed the longest cold day of my life!!! It was 12 miles with the temperature hovering at a high 45 degrees. The Chernobyl jacuzzi was 30 degrees of life zapping cold that took your breath away from you! I had a blast doing it with some Ranger buddies and LEOs I work with. Can't wait to do the next one!!!!

Re: Just finished the Tough Mudder in Attica, IN

I'm signed up for it here in California in June. My 40th birthday present to myself.

I ran the tri-state that they had just about this time last year. Man, who'd think that water in November would be COLD? Did they use the obstacle with the electric fence wires hanging down? That was our "surprise" obstacle. I thought it was a joke until I was halfway through...
Good job on completing it. If you're like my buddy and I, you might have taken a few scrapes along the way. Do yourself a favor and pay attention to them.
He and I ran it together, with the only difference being that he fell off the balance beams, and I didn't. He wound up in the hospital for almost a week with a nasty infection in his legs, I didn't. If you got any cuts, and went in the water after, you might even think about getting a dose of prophylactic antibiotics...

I was really hoping to do the one in Atlanta in Feburary, but I can't this year. Maybe next.

Our surprise obstacle was a 25 meter low crawl through green ice water with electric wires hanging from barbwire above you!!! By that time I was ICE

I ran Through the wires in tampa and you REALLY can feel it in your nuts.

Few of the Uni boys were considering starting a team for the March 31st Event down on Phillip Island.

Although i just realised i'm 120kg and 6"1, and have near 0 muscle content.
Fatty's goin' on a diet.

Anyone who is "thinking" about doing just needs to go for it!! You will feel so good at the end. WIth that said you will not feel good any time before that haha

Well me and a mate started running today, gonna try to get fit-ish enough for it.

Is everyone there flat out running? Or is it more of a jog/death-march between obstacles?

Definitely more of a jog/death-march for most people.

I'm signing up for the one next October (21 I believe) in Maysville. A few friends and I got the idea that it would be fun. I'm already looking forward to it.
Did you train for it at all? Was it more or less difficult than you had trained for/anticipated?

Im eager to hear more feedback from people who have done this. I saw it and have to try it. Im running dirt trails and doing lots of pullups pushups and kettle bells any other training tips?

My brother and I are doing the One in Las Vegas on Oct. 6. Trying to decide if we want to double up and also go to Salt Lake City Oct. 13 and/or 14....

Jeffvn

congrats on doing your first. we are doing our first in september in DC. I'm looking forward to it, and will be in pretty stellar shape by then...hopefully...