• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

just for fun

misser

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2022
clare mi
i ordered some 2nds 224 85 gr bullets from midway , do have to separate as suspected they are not all the same but most are close 2-3 variations . the ones i got have a cannelure . who is it that makes a 85 gr bullet with cannelure ?

Likely a special run either by Nosler or Barnes. Looking at the pic on Midway I would guess Barnes as it is not a RDF. But reality is "who knows?".
i dont have any Nosler i do have Barnes they are similar .very close but why the cannelure on the ones from midway? i have yet to test if infact i need the cannelure. i do need it in my 708 yet thats a different story.

The last batch of seconds (178 ELD-X I believe) were terrible. Huge weight variations, some were not symmetric. I had never had any trouble previously but these were BAD.

Could be special order or a test batch. It would be interesting to see what COAL the cannelure would generate. The cannelure may be added for the Valkyrie.