• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Just got a Pact Pro XP chronograph.

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
Well I hope I have good luck with it. Not only does it measure velocity but it also had a bullet library built into it with b.c. of several manufactures of bullets. Then it also has a corrected B.C. built into it were it also takes in humidity, altitude then gives you a corrected B.C. of that bullet.

Re: Just got a Pact Pro XP chronograph.

How do Pact chronos compare to the CED chronos?

I dont know. Ive never used a CED but from what I have read they are of good quality. The Pact had a little more features.

I bought a PACT XP after my Oehler 35P was acting the fool, and its been really good for me, zero issues.

I like it because it is small, it is always in my range bag, and it's easy to use. I used the extended features once or twice, it was close, not exact, but pretty close. Nothing must have for me, but as a Chronograph, I had good luck with it.

One of the main reason I went with the Pact over the CED is because of the corrected BC of the bullet. I thought when using Horus atrag (my data that I input) be a little more accurate.

It's possible, when I tried the corrected it moved the BC about .004 off the manufacturer's spec. If i recall correctly my Lapua 170gr stuff was rated at .525 from the manufacturer and the PACT gave me .521... My 7WSM went from .535 to .528, something close to that.

so the numbers don't swing much, or at least they didn't for me, so I didn't even bother doing it anymore.

I purchased a Pact about three years ago and could never get it to work for crap. I called numerous times and the guy I talked to was great. He really took his time to make sure it wasn't some setting or something I was doing wrong. I finally got around to sending it back a couple of weeks ago. They sent me a brand new one within one week's time. I literally had a brand new one within one week of mailing it in. I didn't have a receipt and like I said, I had it for three years and they sent me a brand new one. No questions asked. Customer servie like that is hard to find these days. Pact is good to go in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I like it because it is <span style="text-decoration: underline">small</span>, it is always in my range bag, and it's easy to use....
</div></div>

That's the feature I been looking for. Which model do you have LL?

Do you guys know if you can have metric outputs on these?

Thanks
Jo

Bump on this; Could any you guys that have a Pact chrono please check if you could have the readout in meter per seconds (m/s)?

Bringing up an old topic.

How's everyone's Pacts still working? I'm looking to buy the pro xp with the IR kit.

Resurrecting an old thread here; got one of these new from Midway few weeks back. First time at range it worked pretty well & felt good about it. Second time not so good. Couldn't get reliable shot readings. Lots of shots showed velocities like 535 fps or 363 fps or whatever. So many shots shot thru it and it had not a clue they did. Frustrated me greatly, had a bad day and wasted ammo for my load development I trying to finish. Have not returned to try it again, maybe my setup was fkd I dunno, I couldn't find issue with that though. Both times out with it were sunny Kailfornistan days. On second time out I started with new battery too.

Another thing is a new 9 volt duracell battery I feed it won't last for shit especially if doing lots of printouts, which I enjoy doing...... Overall jury still out I'll give it another try