• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

just got latest RCBS Chargemaster Combo...

cali_tz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal
works pretty darn good. I am using it with VV570 (very long cylindrical kernels) and it rocks on trickling out exact loads. I double checked using a RCBS 750 digital scale. The RCBS Chargemaster scale doesn't drift at all like the 750... and the auto dispense function is really a neat trick.

Highly recommended, coming from using that RCBS hand thrower... what a PITA that was. I had to throw under charges then hand trickle all the way up. This RCBS Chargemaster is worth every penny in saved time and aggravation. I am going to now load about 500 308 and 338 and will see how it stands up to that amount of cycling.

Re: just got latest RCBS Chargemaster Combo...

Good luck with your scale. Mine crapped out right after a year, and they only have a 1 year warranty. Since it was ou of warranty I had to send the ERROR ridden machine with a check for $45 to be repaired/replaced. Better than buying a whole new one I guess. Seems like the Error codes it throws are a very common problem...

yes I have seen these reports of problems aplenty... maybe this is a newer better model. Do you know what the failure mode ended up being?

My first chargemaster just arrived also.

Initial impressions are quite good, especially after the "straw mod" and after tweaking the speed switch parameters it's much faster than I expected.

I built a 1.25" thick aluminum platform for it to sit on top of with 3x adjustable feet and a high precision bubble level as I read in the past that leveling can be a source of trouble for these units. The somewhat heavy aluminum plate should help damp out any vibrations. I also picked up an APC Line-R voltage regulator & power conditioner as dirty power was also a documented trouble spot for these units.

I found myself thinking "I should have bought one of these a couple years ago" several times during the setup & programming-- I'm very happy with how it works so far. I'm just hoping it will hold up over time.

Hopefully my Giraud annealer shows up soon, I'm actually looking forward to my next batch of reloading as I have some new toys to play with.
grin.gif

I just got a new machine from RCBS to replace mine that was sent back under warranty. Took about a month to get back, but they even paid for the freight to return. New machine is much faster on factory setting than original. I haven't seen the need to re-program.