• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got LUCKY on a new ACC-SD!!

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
I have had my eye on one of these for awile. I stopped today to kill some time at a retailer while traveling with work. Low and behold they had one Remmy ACC-SD .308 on the shelf. Decided to take the plunge and bought it. Priced at $687.00 and rang up $499.00. Manager said what ever it rang up for was what I was going to get it for! Rushed out the door as quick as I could go with my new Remmy and sold the Hogue stock in the parking lot for 4o bucks to make the day sweeter.
Scope mounted and zeroed a few minutes ago and shooting 3/4" at 100 with my 200 subsonics.
Taking the wife out tonight for valentines to a nice dinner gives me two reasons to smile tonight.

Re: Just got LUCKY on a new ACC-SD!!

It is very rare for me to have any luck at all except bad, so this made for a good day.

Wait, so you shot it with out a stock? Haha you never mentioned what stock you put back on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mattm0812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, so you shot it with out a stock? Haha you never mentioned what stock you put back on it. </div></div>
Not an easy thing to do either mind you!! Lol, guess in all my excitement I failed to mention the new stock.

Dropped it in my HS 5R takeoff I have been shelving since I put the 5R in McRee. I bought the acc as a dedicated rifle for my subsonic loads.

What was the retailer if you don't mind sharing? Maybe a glitch others can all take advantage of!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bet Dick's
i paid $499 for my 223 tactical there </div></div>

Walmart, I guess when you are Americas largest retailer mistakes like this dont matter as much. Dick's ranking is #71.

Shot the rifle quite a bit today and still smiling!!

damn I just paid 689.00 a few weeks ago for one at buds.

You got a hell of a deal

Me too! Buds said in stock 1-2 day ships out! Well 3 weeks later it finally arrived? Oh well at least i got it. Sons gun now

Good work sir. Too bad the shops around me rarely have these good mistakes.

This and a couple of the other AAC-SD threads I've been seeing recently have made me focus in on the AAC-SD for my .308 build, so thank you for being a part of ending the never-ending headache that was trying to decide between a 700, FN SPR or Savage in .308
laugh.gif

I picked one up this morning with a few accessories at a good price, but no where near the steal you found yours!

I wish I found an ACC for that price! You stole it, that's for sure.

Thats a heck of a buy. A buddy of mine has one and with the factory hogue stock and a Vortex Viper PST on top he had Federal Match Ammo making one ragged hole at 100 yards with 5 shots. I was very impressed with the gun and ammo combination. Gunsmith stated normally they are around 3/4" MOA guns factory with factory ammo and looks like he got lucky. I like shooting the gun too. Its perfect for shooting and hunting.

So far all I have fired thru the rifle is sub loads, the rifle has really surprised me with 180 Hornady RN and 210 Outlaw State Bullets. Not saying I won't try some hi-velocity loads but I bought the rifle as a dedicated sub sonic platform.
I am very pleased thus far I just can't decide whether or not I want to cut it down to 16".
Today at 50 yards literally stacking the 180s into one hole and MOA at 100 with velocity @ 1015 fps.

Couldn't take it any longer just shooting subs. Tried some 168 VLDs with Varget and 175smk over ARcomp. The 175 SMKs at 100 yards where 4 same hole and CB shot a little low right.The VLDs were solid 1/2 moa. Both loads tested at 100 yds. So much for load development, this was too easy. Who said Wallyworld guns won't shoot?