• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just got my 17 and 30 back from Glockworx

dpairborneranger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
KY
I had grip jobs on my 30 and 17 done by Glockworx. On the 17 I had standard stippling, stippling for thumbs, removed finger grooves, grip reduction, added beaver tail, and filled magazine well. For the 30 I had CCW stippling, stippling for thumbs, filled magazine well, added beaver tail, and had them put on Heine straight eight night sights. Can't wait to take them to the range tomorrow!
2lu7ti.jpg

Re: Just got my 17 and 30 back from Glockworx

will you post a pic of the filled magazine well???

Can you post a close-up of the trigger guard? Looks interesting but can't see the detail. I can see you had a notch put in for your support hand but would like to see the shape better.

I also had them do my duty gun in silicone carbide...BEDAZZLED haha
245diye.jpg

smile.gif
I couldn't resist

Man, I love the fingergrooves on glocks. I've had to sell some of my older ones to upgrade to the fingergroove models!

It's nice to have a gun customized just how you like it...glad you're pleased with the results. Let us know your impressions from the range!

Donnie you have any more pics of the silicon carbide job? It looks really good.

Only had time to shoot the 30 today. It shot better than I expected a little .45 would. I have meat hooks as hands and even with the extension it was a little tight to hold though. I had a 27 in the silicone carbide and didn't like it as my ccw. That stuff is like fine grit sandpaper and when it's rubbing you you feel it. I like the silicone carbide on my duty gun though. The grip "tackiness" is unreal on it.

I wonder if I got a G19 and had the grip modified if I'd finally be able to use the damn thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if I got a G19 and had the grip modified if I'd finally be able to use the damn thing. </div></div>

They do good work for cheap and a really fast return. I have sent four of my Glocks to them. I don't really like stock Glocks but after modifications and a beaver tail they are by far my favorite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if I got a G19 and had the grip modified if I'd finally be able to use the damn thing. </div></div>

They do good work for cheap and a really fast return. I have sent four of my Glocks to them. I don't really like stock Glocks but after modifications and a beaver tail they are by far my favorite! </div></div>

yeah, even on a Gen 4, I frequently just miss the stupid little trigger safety. I'm on it, but not enough to trip it. Usually it happens during shooting drills on the draw. Part of why I usually just use 1911s. Just cause I'm curious, what did the grip process run? And the grit coating?

Both look really good!
The beaver tail on the 17 looks like a great improvement.

I would love to get the stippling done and a slight grip reduction, but still want to keep the finger grooves. I wonder if you can have that done. I've never seen a grip reduction and keep the finger grooves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to get the stippling done and a slight grip reduction, but still want to keep the finger grooves. I wonder if you can have that done. I've never seen a grip reduction and keep the finger grooves. </div></div>

Yes you can. Most people don't like the grooves thats why they remove them when they get a reduction or stipling.

Check out Cold Bore Customs. Great work and far less than $250 (not sure if that included the coating).

I need to send my glock 23 and 27 and have this done. Looks like they do nice work

You can keep or remove the finger grooves. It's $165 for the grip job but I wanted some other stuff done like beaver tail and trigger guard cuts so mine was like $250. Just check out their website Glockworx.com, plus they have different pictures

Anybody know what type of epoxy they use to make the beaver tail? Devcon Plastic Weld 2??

I should be just watching football, Now I want to spend another $500 buck on a pair or glocks too, that is a great pair, of -----
Glocks that is.