• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Just got my Lawton action

bcpdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
NW Louisiana
Just picked my Lawton action up from my ffl.
I order this action two weeks ago and it was the model 7000 (700 clone).
The action than came in is the model 7500 competition/br.
It is a very nice piece but I am unsure if rem700 parts, trigger,stock etc will be compatible. I knew they were with the 7000.
I plan to call Lawton Monday and inquire. Hoping it is.

Too excited right now planning on taking this action and the m24 5r rock barrel to the smith wed...

Anyone know if the 7500 series actions are compatible with rem 700 assesories?

Re: Just got my Lawton action

They are close, the tennon is longer, but won't be a problem for a new barrel. But you will need to relocate the recoil lug inlet if you already have a stock for the 700 short. Other than that, it has a complete round top, so you will need a different style base than a 700. I think that is about it

Dave

It came with a 10 Moa base so no worries there...
Ordered a hs precision m24 stock and a badger dbm m5and a jewel hvr trigger...
Im planning on having to inlet the stock an bedding die to recoil lug being thicker so no big deal there..
If the parts I have order are going to work with it will be awesome...
I think I know why he sent me the 7500 because he knew that I was putting a m24 contour barrel on it Which is cool with me just hoping I can make all this come together...

it is kinda a big deal, you will have to bed behind the recoil lug now, because there will be 1/4" gap between the recoil lug and the aluminum bedding block. Measure your action, a Remington 700 is right around .800" from the front of the action to the first action screw. I am pretty sure yours is 1/4" longer than that

Just dropped the action in a hs stock off of a 700p and it will only require very minor inletting by the safety...bolts line up and the recoil lug is very close...was planning on milling the stock out a little and bedding it.. Also bedding the recoil lug...dropped a factory trigger in the action so that is good to go...

At least you got something from them...

Many others have a different story. If you can make it work, make it work. If not, sell it. I would advise against sending it back and hoping you get what you want.

If you look back through any Lawton thread on here for the last 12-24 months, you will soon realize that there is a long list of people who have either commissioned Lawton to build them a rifle and paid a deposit, sent them parts to build a rifle, or something along those lines and haven't received anything.

Unfortunately with the passing of the previous owner, the shop encountered some problems. Very recently I heard that one of those people contributing to the issues is no longer employed there and there has been an injection of funds to get them back up and running. I cannot verify any of those statements, as I do not have first hand knowledge of the actual goings on of the business.

Personally, I haven't ordered from them. But I had a buddy who did. To say it was a fiasco is a likening the last flight Hindenburg to a "hard landing."

Here is one of several threads (I just don't feel like diggin for more, but they are here):
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1572988