• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got s really good deal rem700

jamesZ71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Sarasota,FL
About two weeks ago i went over to a friends house to get some 178gr amax bullets to head out to the range and he pulled out a rem 700 bdl 24in bull barrel 1 in 14 twist(i think)in 223(i was thinking what an a$$ you already have one and you're telling me you got another one)but then he asked if i knew anyone looking for one. i was like yes me,just give me a few weeks to get the cash.So tonight when i went to pick it up he also gave me 500 55gr hornady spir points some hornady brass and a set of dies along with the load data
fvcj15.jpg

a104li.jpg

11rtzdu.jpg

would like to know how old it is

Last edited:
Re: Just got s really good deal rem700

Does your 'friend' need other friends????
smile.gif
For that price my stubborn old ass could tolerate almost anyone for a time!

Date code letters on left side of barrel ahead of receiver. What letter prefix is receiver?

Also believe most of the <span style="font-weight: bold">Varmint Special </span> 223's were actually 1/12 twist. Other 224 calibers were all 1/14Tw.

Cant help you on how old it is, but good looking rifle for a good price!!! I'll give you your money back if you ever want to sell it.

just found out its a remington 700 custom deluxe varmint,sweet

I've got one just like it, and I love it. I've killed crows out to 400 yards with it. Mine shoots the 50 grain CT Ballistic Silvertip into small groups. Thats a great buy!

code on the left side is
U AZ BB 356 with 10 stamped just under the 56

A=March
Z='75

Guessing it is an A prefix before Serial Number?

yes,right along with my newly completed 6.5 grendel

need to get some 223 brass,have any extra?Lapua is what it really likes with the 52gr hpbt sierra with an AOL of 2.282

I have A rifle very similiar to yours and it shoots great with Speer Gold Dot Ammo.

anyone know what these screws are used for
voylw1.jpg

6qbrzp.jpg

and what this stamp is for
ehlocg.jpg

2rep91w.jpg

The screws are for these type of old type scope mounts. Sorry I don't have better picts of the other side of the rifle. Windage adjustments are made with the mount screws.

168bct4.jpg