• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just how dumb do you have to be to go fight in Ukraine as a foreigner?

Michael52

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Reno, NV
Are you bored with working from home? The "International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine" wants you. It's not well organized and you will be treated as an unlawful enemy combatant, but hey, it's an adventure with bragging rights. You'd better hurry though, because some of your fighters are already high tailing it for the Polish border. For more fun insights read this article, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ine-as-a-foreigner/ar-AAV5sGp?ocid=entnewsntp

Even old James Yeager of tactical response is supposedly headed there to train folks. I guess he has ALS though so I’m sure that had something to do with it.

He’s a douche, but wouldn’t wish als on anyone.

Also you’d be pretty stupid to go there...

Saw on the news last night some former US armed forces folks and law enforcement there joining the fight.

Not my cup o tea....

Reactions: Doc68
Absolute idiocy, imho. If they don't get killed, they'll have a nice stint in a Russian prison if caught. Russia has already stated foreign fighters will be considered mercenaries, not subject to the protections afforded POW's. And for what? To fight for fake "democracy" in the most corrupt country in Europe? So Joe and Hunter Biden can continue to pillage the country? Yeah, good luck with that. Post the videos for our entertainment at least.

By the time you get there, the only weapon they'll have left to give you is an old beat up SKS with broken rear sight, and 30-rounds of ammo that's all rusty looking.

I guess getting something better in a battlefield pick-up is promising?

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Absolute idiocy, imho. If they don't get killed, they'll have a nice stint in a Russian prison if caught. Russia has already stated foreign fighters will be considered mercenaries, not subject to the protections afforded POW's. And for what? To fight for fake "democracy" in the most corrupt country in Europe? So Joe and Hunter Biden can continue to pillage the country? Yeah, good luck with that. Post the videos for our entertainment at least.

Very true. However, the Geneva Convention and Rules of War afford the same rights to all combatants regardless of being a Mercenary or not. But we all know how that will work out with Russia, who is already targeting Civilian's.

Very true. However, the Geneva Convention and Rules of War afford the same rights to all combatants regardless of being a Mercenary or not. But we all know how that will work out with Russia, who is already targeting Civilian's.
Are they targeting civilians or shelling snipers and other military equipment hiding in civilian structures?

The Geneva Conventions declare that mercenaries are not recognized as legitimate combatants and do not have to be granted the same legal protections as captured service personnel of a regular army.

You're spouting misinformation

You could - just spitballin' here - host a PRS match in Kiev, maybe? Since there aren't any traditional known distance steel targets, you'll just need to find "alternatives" and, as an added challenge, you might not be shooting the same target as the guy who shot the round before you.

Plus you'll get a reason to use that $800 range finder you rarely ever use.

The next question would be do you bring a child stroller modified with a rifle holder or a full kit in a $500 Eberlestock backpack. Decisions...

I can't say it's a smart thing to do but it sure shows sprite and a hell of a lot more guts than any politician is showing to put your life in harms way to help another person is pretty much the definition of bravery selflessness it's also a great way to pick up some almost free real russian arms tanks and trucks at around 10k ak would be a nice grab a pop in full auto Id be mailing them home by the create load if I found any and lived long enough to do so via the southern boarder loop hole .. almost forgot you could help in other ways helping older people make it across the boarder in any other country taking that stress of the defenders bringing food from one place to another never forget the importance of what a person and a bicycle can do ...

Last edited:
We all die. I've accepted that. Might be something you think about when you are past 50. Twenty yrs ago an architect friend says "you can slip in the men's room and hit your head on a urinal - and it's over". I hope to go to my grave in peace but if a righteous case calls (communists or a leftist insurrection), I'm in.

The Geneva Conventions declare that mercenaries are not recognized as legitimate combatants and do not have to be granted the same legal protections as captured service personnel of a regular army.

You're spouting misinformation

You are correct, and I was wrong with that statement. I guess what I was trying to convey was they are still required to be treated humanly... and I'll leave it at that.

Its all fun and games until yall start getting smoked at night by a 100yr old Mosin Nagant with a Thermal scope welded onto it. lol
I recently bought a nice thermal. Normally, I wouldn't notice a mole in the leaves at 100y in the daytime. At night - sticks out like a sore thumb. No hiding from that. My daughter, a LEO, said "it's cheating" - whatever.

Are you bored with working from home? The "International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine" wants you. It's not well organized and you will be treated as an unlawful enemy combatant, but hey, it's an adventure with bragging rights. You'd better hurry though, because some of your fighters are already high tailing it for the Polish border. For more fun insights read this article, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ine-as-a-foreigner/ar-AAV5sGp?ocid=entnewsntp
More balls than you

I'll give the OP this: 99% of the people 'volunteering' are probably Mall Ninjas thinking they get to play COD 'for realz'. They are cannon fodder (see the guy in LBCs video)

But if you legit want to fight, and you know its gonna be a 'stab you in the face with a rusty spoon can be wiped out by random artillery at any time wiping your ass with old leaves' then do your thing. We blasted millions of Vietnamese off the face of the planet--but they wanted to win and in the end they just waited for us to leave. If you know what you are in for--go for it. This is a certain amount of backing up your keyboard bravado (and we got a LOT of keyboard commandos around here) be it stupid or no.

Some of you guys are all hot and bothered to go mano y mano with an M1A Tank with A-10 and infantry support right here in 'Merica. You might want to think about that. Yes it can be done, but there is a price. A VERY steep price.

Ukraine? Im leaving for Rachel. she's hot.

AAMCG2o.img

Reactions: BreisV
The promise of 72 well worn Ukrainian brides can be quite a draw.

Where do you see me talking shit about them? Your coward keyboard commando shit is just that.
No one is talking shit. The article it presents facts that should be considered. No one is questioning their balls. The article is questioning their brains. If you were in the US Army then you were in a legitimate organization with leadership that was telling you were to go and what to do. These people are joining in illegitmate organization that lacks leadership, strategy and tactics. They are in for a big surprise. As the article says, many of them are already running for the border of Poland after they saw what was going on. By the way this is a discussion forum. You don't make the rules.

Getting killed is one thing, disappearing into a gulag for the next forty years if your captured is another thing completely, as an illegal enemy combatant your have no rights or protections no indemnification.
You are also a criminal in the eyes of all signatories to the United Nations Mercenary convention. South Africa if I am correct treats mercenaries as criminals so the guys that went and fought in Sierra Leone with Executive Outcomes can't go back to South Africa or they would be imprisoned. I think most of them have been seeking work in Nigeria or some other wonderful vacation spot.

All of these Zogbots and reddittors don't realized that this isn't a fight against goat fuckers. It's an entirely different ballgame when you don't have air superiority and now the bombs are falling on you while you sleep. Doesn't matter than your "training base" was only a few clicks away from the Polish border.

All of these Zogbots and reddittors don't realized that this isn't a fight against goat fuckers. It's an entirely different ballgame when you don't have air superiority and now the bombs are falling on you while you sleep. Doesn't matter than your "training base" was only a few clicks away from the Polish border.
Its more of a civil war than anything. Retarded peer fight using the same equipment using similar tactics. I will give the ukraininan people credit, they are putting up a much better fight than I thought they would. It takes brass balls to fire a jav or nlaw at an armor column knowing any competent tanker is going to sending you love right back. Russia either miscalculated greatly or has some other plan in store.

What is clear, is the US military would have destroyed the entire Russian western military in about a week. They are still 3rd rate soldiers using 2nd rate equipment and tactics that are not proven. US spent last 20 years learning how to get real good at killing people with minimal risk to itself. Imagine what a few squadrons of F35's a few battalions of Abrams and MLRS could have done...........