• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Just me venting about my inability to make decisions

prodigalson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2012
Butler, PA
Right now is one of those times I wish I had more friends that are involved in the shooting sports. I'm having a terribly difficult time deciding if I should purchase an Aimpoint H-1 or Eotech 516. I'm well aware of the pros and cons of both, and just wish I had some friends that owned both.

I only have trigger time behind the Aimpoint, I enjoyed it, and did well with it. However, after only looking through the Eotech, I really like the wide open sight picture you get with the it.

I just don't want to fall victim to the age old adage "buy once, cry once". ::sigh:: The difficulties of being indecisive.

Thanks for listening y'all.

I have an EOTech 516 and Aimpoint Comp4. Bought the EO first and wanted to try something different so bought the Aimpoint. The EOTech is more open, but I really like the Aimpoint's battery life. Flip a coin, can't go wrong with either.

OFG

You know you want that H1 right ? I have an eotech here in the box, put it on your gun and then run the t1 for a little. try them out next to each other, In my opinion ( not worth a bunch) but I find that the aimpoint is more "open" due to the fact that your actually looking around the optic for your targets, and not through the glass on the eotech. Not that one is better than the other and is a preference issue. I also like the size of the aimpoint. It cuts down on bulk, especially over the 500 series. And just not a big fan of the holograph picture, I feel its tough to see in different condition, and I like a solid aiming point.

Last edited:
I have an 8" sbr I was running an eotech on for a while for exactly that reason, I felt like with the wide open window I could pick up the reticle more quickly sweeping a house. I just sold it and replaced it with a micro t1 on a larue lt660 and now I think how clunky and fuzzy that eotech was and the micro is just as quick. Plus i like the knob on the t1 better than the push buttons of the eotech it's a little quicker. I just wish they had put It on the left

I love my T1. It is extremely fast when you realize you're not supposed to focus on the dot or the "window". Look straight through the optic like its not even there and you will naturally line up on your target. Nothing against the eotechs at all, they are just a little too busy for me personally.

EASY.

Buy both.

Then buy a second rifle for the other one. :D

Aimpoint if battery life is a concern.
I have three Eotech sights and spare lithium AA batteries.......

my vote goes to the aimpoint. the eotech isn't bad, but 50,000 hours on one battery wins it for me. not only that, but if you run it with both eyes open, it's just as quick as the eotech.

I've never shot an Aimpoint of any kind, but I can tell you that the reticle on the Eotechs have a lot more adjustability for lighting conditions. Obviously people aren't having any troubles seeing the reticle on the Aimpoint either. For me, to be able to turn the brightness down low enough to be able to shoot in near darkness is worth sticking with the Eotechs.
Hope that makes sense.
Good luck, I don't think you'll need it though.
Steve.

As above Battery Life
My EO Tech ate batteries like nobodies business...