• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Just moved to Castle Rock, CO...

Megahoser

Shogun of the Higher Steppes
Minuteman
Well, the weather here is nice...sure beats the hell out of all the humidity back in DFW. But, I have a big issue, there appears to be nowhere to shoot...Neither pistol or rifle. There <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> a national forest nearby...but, having never shot on public land I am a bit hesistant to jump right into it. I would really appreciate anyone local chiming in with some info on ranges or maybe some insight on shooting on Colorado public lands.

Thanks!

Re: Just moved to Castle Rock, CO...

Stay off Rampart Range Road - it is a no shooting area. Same for the Buffalo Creek area.

Get on the other side of Kenosha Pass and start digging around on the west side of the highway, well away from the Colorado trail (it crosses at the summit).

Most of us head down into the Terryall area.

Get ya a Gazetteer.

There is also a day use range up in the Buffalo Creek area that is out to 600 yards on a KD range.

http://www.campfickes.com/

You can join CRC as well for a 1k KD range:

www.crci.org

I live 10 minutes away from you. Check your PMs for my phone number and give me a call. It's faster than trying to list the 50 options off the top of my head here.

There is an indoor club in Colorado Springs, Whistling Pines Gun Club, also we have an indoor club in Longmont at I25 and Co hwy 119 exit 240. We have 11 25 yard handgun and 7 100 yard indoor rifle. It is a membership only club. Please give us a call or stop by and take a look. We deal AI, Desert Tactical, Nightforce, S&B, IOR, McMillan, Daniel Defense, LMT, LWRC, Blackhawk, Eagle, Galiti, Surefire, and most major pistol brands. We have applied for are SOT and should start stocking suppressors in the next month are so. We have a full time gunsmith on staff.

Thanks,
Kevin
Trigger Time Gun Club
303-651-0816

Welcome to Colorado.

I've shot at the range COFox suggested, well worth the drive.

PM me for a place to shoot pistols/AR's..outside of Idaho Springs on forest service land. You will need a 4wd vehicle to get there.

Wow, thanks guys...I really appreciate all the responses. I've been itching to sling some lead since I got here. Nice to see there actually is some light at the end of the tunnel.

In this context it's more than light. Colorado is friggin blinding in this regard.