• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just noticed lots of CZ 527 rifles are discontinued

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota

https://www.czub.cz/download/2873/cz-catalogue-2021.pdf (p.69)

I’m really late to this party.

The CZ usa web site still shows a bunch still available, but I belatedly discovered they’re discontinuing a whole bunch of calibers. See the links in the top link and look in the Euro catalog. Rumblings of some big new offering? Push-feed only?

Along with CZ, Tikka stopped offering 204s, definitely in the the US and maybe worldwide? (Still shows up as a filtering option on their main site but not in their Selector site). And to the best of my knowledge Tikka’s never offered a 17 or 22 Hornet, which to me at least always seemed like a natural fit for them. Maybe they don’t like rimmed cases.

In the US, in 204 now there’s only Ruger, Savage, Thompson Center, Browning, and I think Howa and probably some small or boutique brands like Cooper. I’m unsure of the status of Remington production.

If CZ doesn’t import their thumbhole 17 Hornet there will be only Ruger and Savage.

I cannot believe CZ stopped making a 22 Hornet! Thank god I can still buy it in a Savage :rolleyes:.

I’m sure I’ve missed some offerings, like in the Euro guns, like Anschutz and Weihrauch. Let us know what you find.

I’m glad I have this area already covered, but what the heck? I guess there’s only room in this big world for 22 LR, 223, 6.5 manbun and 30Hate. Kidding! (sob!)

I understand the law of supply and demand.

I’m posting this to inform and for the like-minded to commiserate, not for a spellbinding macro-economics soliloquy from the peanut gallery. (But I still ❤️ you up there in the nose-bleed seats)

Last edited:
1630083083492.jpeg

I know I know, peanuts... but Im surprised they offered any hornets at all for this long.

Shot my first deer with my grandmothers stevens 22 hornet, its the only hornet Ive taken notice of having seen in person. Ammo is stupid expensive for that little thing for the one box we buy every 5 years.

The 204s kind of surprise me just based on prairie dogs etc but even those I dont see much of other than my cousins that never gets shot.

• Wow
Reactions: carbonbased
I’ll preemptively post some peanuts:

“What’s the problem? Buy some dies and reload. Everyone likes to hang out alone in the basement for hours staring downwards.”

“Haters gonna hate. Nuthing wrong with Savage or Ruger (except for their shitty 17 & 22 Hornet bolts).”

Reactions: nikonNUT
well good information boys..
It does not surprise me when a manufacture can’t keep up with the basic calibers let alone the more exclusive calibers they dump the ones that are selling the least couple that with the fact that 17 hornet casings are made by one manufacture. and I’m not gonna go out and spend a dollar or $1.50 a case when it almost does exactly the same thing as a 223