• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Just ordered a GAP NON-TYPICAL in 260rem and...

SAKOstalker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2004
USA
what bullets should I try for hunting?
BARTLEIN 5R 1 IN 8" TWIST 22"

GAME WILL BE DEER HOGS

Re: Just ordered a GAP NON-TYPICAL in 260rem and...

The wife just got a new 260. I'm thinking 130 gr Barnes TTSX. I have some Berger 140 gr hunting VLD's on backorder also.
I too would like to hear some recommendations.

barnes makes a 100 gr 6.5mm TTSX, probably launch that @ 3100-3200?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">139 scenars </div></div>

I know they work!!

i got a picture here somewhere of what a plane ole match boolit do to pigs and deer.....at LEAST a QUARTER SIZE EXIT HOLE ON HOGS
and fist sized exit on doe @ 264yd
MVC-030S-5.jpg

my problem is how are scenars at 50 yards not 550 yards?

with a 6.5 send whatever you have as fast as you can send it.......120 and heavier shouldnt have a problem up close.

I love the 120 NBT in the 260 improved.

The hog I killed yesterday was killed with a 139 scenar. The deer my son took was with the 130TTSX. You can't go wrong with either. I agree with the above sentiment as well.

I've had great success with the 120 grain sierra pro hunters in my .260 rem. It has worked on every thing I have shot with it. This includes 200+ lb hogs. Great cartridge, I will always have at least one for hunting.

129 Hornady SST Worked very well on a doe and my 10 point!!! 22" Remington 700 Mountain DM floppy barrel...

alandpat020.jpg

momsantelope015.jpg

Both of these critters were one shot kills using the 139gr scenar. The mule deer buck is probably the heaviest bodied deer I've ever seen.

Nice pics PGS, that is a huge deer!

I've had great luck with my SAKO .260 using 130gr Nosler Accubonds. They have always passed thru the many deer and hogs I've shot with them, and always shown evidence of expansion. The furthest I've shot anything with this rifle is 250ish, but nosler's ballistic guys say that it will expand reliably down to 1800 fps, which should get me out to 550+ yards, based on my mv of 2800 fps.

And they group GREAT.

Great looking buck and goat PGS.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
alandpat020.jpg

momsantelope015.jpg

Both of these critters were one shot kills using the 139gr scenar. The mule deer buck is probably the heaviest bodied deer I've ever seen. </div></div>