• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just ordered a Savage model 12 LPV

rweldon

Sergeant
Minuteman
I just ordered a Savage Model 12 low profile varminter. It has a laminate stock, stainless steel fluted heavy barrel. This is my first Savage ever...after being pretty much a lifetime Remington 700 guy. My father has a Savage 110 FCP HS Precision model in 308 and he loves it. I'm pretty anxious to get it. Anybody have any experience with this rifle?

Re: Just ordered a Savage model 12 LPV

Haven't seen a bad Savage yet. My son and myself both used the model 12 action for our latest LR gun builds. In all honesty with the way they are shooting I wouldn't trade them for any custom I've seen at any of our matches. They shoot that good and we assembled them ourselves from components. I think you'll really be surprised with how well they shoot.

You're not that far away, you should try to join us for one of our practice days or even a match down at Rayners Range. We just live here near St. Clairsville and get down to Rayners a couple times a month for a tweaking day.

Topstrap

St. Clairsville, aka "Snob Knob" lol...I lived in Barnesville for 10 years, Im just up in Brilliant now. Is Rayners that place down by Powhattan that has a 900 yard range? My father has close to 70 acres behind Mingo and we just finished making a 250 yard rifle range. Not huge, but nice for us rednecks.

You are gonna love that Savage... Congrats!!

DK

St. Clairsville is filled with snobs and hated every day I had to go go school there. I actually live out by Jamboree and like not having to be around most of the elites. I think that is Tom Taylors place you're thinking of, Rayners is out by the Wilds below Cambridge/Zanesville. Nice big farm with benches at each location or you can shoot prone if you wish. Nice people but about 1 hr and 20 minutes from here but well worth the drive. $10.00 to shoot all day.

Topstrap