• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Ordered Another Bushnell DMRII :)

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
I've been eyeing Bushnell DMR II scoped on clearance at Midway. I currently have one I picked up ont he GAP deal about a year ago and really happy with it. I looked at them again today and the price had dropped again to only $670 for the one with the non-illuminated G3 reticle and I couldn't stop myself from buying it so I have it no order now :) Only $719 out the door after taxes seems too good to pass up for this scope they normally sell for more than that used.

Anyone else going for the Midway deal on these?

Reactions: 3ptShooter
How does the glass / optical quality in these compare to the LRTS? The price is compelling...

Edit: or a comparison to the XRS2 would also be helpful.

Glass isn't as good as the XRS2. It's not bad, but still. The DMR2 Pro has the same glass as the XRS2.
Any way to describe how much worse? There's a pretty decent gap between the LRTS and XRS2. Curious if it's between them, similar to the LRTS or worse than both.

Any way to describe how much worse? There's a pretty decent gap between the LRTS and XRS2. Curious if it's between them, similar to the LRTS or worse than both.

It's been a while since I have had my hands on either a DMR2 or a LRTS, and I never got a good chance to compare either to an XRS2 or DMR2 Pro side by side, unfortunately.

How does the glass / optical quality in these compare to the LRTS? The price is compelling...

Edit: or a comparison to the XRS2 would also be helpful.
I have never owned or looked through an XRS2 but I own a LRHS 4.5-18 which I assume has the same glass as the LRTS and the DMR II seems like slightly better glad to me. It’s also shorter and seems to have a wider field of vew when of the same magnification as the LRHS I have. I think it’s worth the upgrade and you could especially at the price you can get a DMR II for right now.
The DMR II is the nicest scope I’ve owned so I can’t speak to how it compares to higher end scopes, but I can say it’s noticeably better than a Vortex Viper PST II and a Athlon Ares BTR both of which I also owned and ended up selling.

I finally broke down and bought one myself. I went with the non-illuminated since it has a slightly thinner reticle, and I plan on using this at long range. I've been tracking the price on these for a while, and can't believe it's been available at Midway for so long. I figured they'd sell out in no time. Everything I've been able to find says these scopes were pretty competitive in the ~$1000 price range. At the clearance pricing, I just couldn't pass it up.

Yeah, I agree, I didn’t “need” another scope but I figured it was too good of a deal to pass up and I would regret not ordering one. When the non illuminated version got down to $670 that was my breaking point where I couldn’t convince myself not to order one

Reactions: drewthebrave
I waited too long before they went back up...figures.

Just wanted to say Thank You! to everyone who posted about the MidwayUSA clearance sale on Bushnell XRS2...I am not sure which post caught my eye...I was in too much of a hurry to tab my browser over Midway. I bought 2 scopes on clearance. Panhandle Precision has a nice review of the XRS2 on his website. I love this website. Thanks-

I picked up a XRS2 with G3 when they were at the lowest price so far... now they have gone back up to $1700-- and the H59 is $1050. The way Midway prices stuff can definitely be a head scratcher. You could buy the scope with a tremor 3 reticle for $1200..... but for only $350 more you can get a "blemished" one.....

I was going to get a DMR2 but they raised the price when I went to order. It's still a good deal but knowing I could have gotten it cheaper was enough to make me pass. I should send them a thank you note..... because I don't know what the hell I was going to put it on and it would have pushed me into another build.

Reactions: drewthebrave