• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Just ordered.......

FlaBouy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
Panama City, Florida
.... my new Kreiger barrel.

#10 MTU Stainless Steel 1:10 5R with 10 flutes finished at 26"

Plan is to have Hooper install it with the VAIS brake and true action...

I am still undecided as to how this is going to look with the blued ADL action... I suppose I could bead blast the entire barrelled action or teflon/ceracoat the entire assembly in OD green..

I have a cheap choate varmit I can slap on this while I am saving my pennies to upgrade the cheap glass I picked up at a gunshow (6-24 x 50MM, illuminated mildots, 3.5" sunshade, flipups)

Or, I could just camo the entire thing with Krylon...

Dunno... what do you guys think...

Semper Fi

Re: Just ordered.......

My 30 cal Krieger 5R MTU just showed up yesterday. It took a bit longer than I'm used to but it looks great. No flutes however.

You won't be disapointed. Your build seems nice. Go ahead and refinsish to your liking. They tend to shoot better when there nice to look at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you building with that long heavy barrel? </div></div>

Paper shooter..
grin.gif

Always wanted a bench queen that had a little legs...

chambered in 30.06... was thought for half a second to step it to a .300WM, but decided my pennies would go into glass rather than a smith's pockets...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 30 cal Krieger 5R MTU just showed up yesterday. It took a bit longer than I'm used to but it looks great. No flutes however.

You won't be disapointed. Your build seems nice. Go ahead and refinsish to your liking. They tend to shoot better when there nice to look at. </div></div>

I hear ya.. good news is I have 5 months to make up my mind and do other minor tweaks before I have to decide... 22 week delivery.

This rifle is an old ADL... I am hoping it will teach me to reload... I was given a box and a half of 150G winchester with it and an old throw away scope... the 150G seems a little light for the 22" 1:10 barrel on it now.. I picked up some 180G for it this weekend at the local gunshow along with a spotter scope and the cheap glass thats on it now. I want to go resight the glass in a couple weeks with the 180's... My local range shoots 300 yards, but I want to stretch that out to 600-800 before all is said and done... maybe a 1000 if I can find a range that shoots it...

I have shot 500 with iron sights and held a pretty good group, so I am interested to see what I can do with the glass... never shot glass before.. my entire life has been using iron sights.

Semper Fi

Depends on how your gun looks in a whole...

Pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on how your gun looks in a whole...

Pics? </div></div>

First pic is as I bought her.. the others are with the Choate.. the last is the cheap glass and spotter I picked up this weekend...

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2068099270026407818QCUDUo

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2803184160026407818uHhEek

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2268162880026407818KfNkNr

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2402633990026407818uljYDz

The stock I want will have to wait... the choate was cheap and gave me a solid aluminum one piece base to bed the action too and still allow the new Kreiger to free float.. not shot it yet with the choate since it looks rather stupid with the stock ADL barrel hung out in the open 1.25" throat of the new stock. I am doing a camo krylon on the original stock and will probably put it back on after paint to take her to the range and sight in the new glass... there is so much I want to do with this stick, but most of it will be on the other side of the 22 week wait on the barrel...