• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Painted my Gun Whatcha think? Any Ideas?

DlAM0ND

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2011
NC USA,
Hey all just painted my mosin OD green, Just wanted to know what ya think, Also painted me shotgun, Anybody got any other "home improvement" Ideas for em to add?

Dlam0ndz

Dlam0ndz

Dlam0ndz

Dlam0ndz

Re: Just Painted my Gun Whatcha think? Any Ideas?

You might want to paint your barrel, action and scope also, black kind of attracts the eye.

I screwed around with some of the links and when I finally got one to work, it showed the pic was unavailable. Try re-uploading them and click the url at the bottom of the pic you want to post, copy/paste onto here, and put it in between this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the eye relief on that scope 12 inches? </div></div>

Must be...

I don't think much of either of them. Not much at all.

No real ideas either - maybe strip the paint off?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N0S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the eye relief on that scope 12 inches? </div></div>

Must be...</div></div>

If it is a "scout scope" that's about right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think much of either of them. Not much at all.

No real ideas either - maybe strip the paint off?</div></div>

i think thats a little harsh!

to op:
your paint jobs look good. may not be everyones cup of tea, but if its what you were after and am happy with them. dont pay attention to posts like Eruds!

Colors aren't my cup of tea, but as for the design not bad first time out. As for the colors I bet where you live it might be practical so that's up to you. Overall good job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think much of either of them. Not much at all.

to op:
your paint jobs look good. may not be everyones cup of tea, but if its what you were after and am happy with them. dont pay attention to posts like Eruds! </div></div>

My bad - thought the title was "Whatcha think?", not "tell me you like it"...

Maybe it's my old, tired eyes, but, is that electrical tape holding the barrel to the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think much of either of them. Not much at all.

to op:
your paint jobs look good. may not be everyones cup of tea, but if its what you were after and am happy with them. dont pay attention to posts like Eruds! </div></div>Come on. He painted it one color, it's not like that's the pinnacle of design and follow through. He asked for opinions and ideas, he got them.

Oh come on guys you don't have to paint a 6 layer camo job for it to be nice. I think some of you just hang around so you can say something agianst another member. Pretty pathetic.

Your rifle looks just fine. If a single color is what you like then good for you. Also good job on doing it yourself and not just throwing money at it.:)

I am a Mossberg guy living in a Remington world. I am thinking about painting my Mossberg 590. I know I will never "really" use it, so I am open to fancy paint.

I am digging your shotgun pattern.

Regards,
Greyson

Thanks all, Much appreciated feedback, and to those of you who dont like it thats fine, that why i wanted to know what people think. Was the first time i ever painted any guns, im pretty happy the way it came out. i did use those shotgun colors because yes the environment around me matches them. and i saw another mosin with ati stock in od green and liked it. thanks again everybody

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it's my old, tired eyes, but, is that electrical tape holding the barrel to the stock? </div></div>

It does seem to resemble electrical tape...