• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just picked up Remington 1911R1 E...

Hookturnr

Low Speed, High Drag
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA ish..
    Just picked this up over the weekend and I have to say I am initially quite impressed! I only had time to run 100 rds. through it of 2 different brands 230gr. roundball but had zero problems and accuracy was excellent! I was cutting a golfball sized hole at 25yds. very consistently offhand!! Fit and finish is quite nice throughout considering the price point. All the improvements on the "Enhanced" model seem to be pretty well thought out. I wasn't real excited about the fiberoptic sight package at first but it seems to be growing on me...gonna put the nitesights on the back burner for now. The grip panels are decent, definitely positive control! The checkering on the backstrap is sharp enough without being too sharp, slide serrations are just like I like 'em...what can I say, I like it! I'll post a few range reports as I get it out with some different ammo along the way...be patient on that one though as I still must work for a living...

Re: Just picked up Remington 1911R1 E...

Got out to the range for a quick shoot today with 230gr. roundball and 215 gr cast. This is the third different 230 that shot to same point of impact with the same great accuracy! The 215 cast load shot slightly higher and left (1" up, 1.75" left) with slightly larger group sizes. Now through 200 rounds without a hiccup! I'll be picking up a few PD loads this weekend and another batch of plinkers to run through. More details to come afterwards!

It's been busy lately so not much time for shooting...and still no pics...but I've got 500 rds. through the gun so far without a hitch. Ammo used thus far has been:
    Ultramax reman 230 fmj
    Remington 230 fmj
    Mastercast 215 cast handload
    Federal bulk pack 230 FMJ
    Hornady 185gr XTP

The XTP's shoot lower (hotter n lighter)but group at about 2" at 25 yds. Everything else has grouped in that same ballpark. I have tried a kimber tacpro 8rd mag with no issues and a McCormick 8rd. mag with no issues either. All in all, seems like a lot of gun for the money! It's gonna be a few weeks til I get back out to play with it again but I'll arrange a day that allows some time for pics and whatnot.

I've had mine for about 5 months now, and I've been quite happy with it. The only ammo it hasn't liked is Hornady 230 Grain XTP's. A quick switch to Remington Golden Sabers, and that problem was solved. It's eaten every 230 Ball load I've fed it, including my handloads. I think the trigger is a little heavier than I'd prefer, and I could foresee an action job somewhere in the future, but all in all, you are right. It's a lot of gun for the money.

HRF

A coworker got one not long ago ,and I was suprised at the fit ,and finish .It was nice .

Nice! I think Remington is doing a good job of putting their 1911 together. Hope it runs strong for you!

I bought my R1 last year, kind of a "hundred year, must be something to it" thing. I love it. The 1911 design is fantastic and Remington has done a great job producing this one. Enjoy!