• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just purchased an Anschutz 64 MPR

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Thanks to you guys this addiction is now including rimfire rifles.
I have been researching rifles to use as a trainer and was really close to getting a CZ 455 with a Manners stock. I have read a few posts about people "stepping up" from their CZ's to an Anschutz, and figured that I would try to skip a step. Todd at Championship shooters supply was a great help and got me lined out on accessories and ammo, I picked up a brick, so I can't wait to get it in hand and to the range.
I would be interested to hear comments from other MPR shooters.
Scott

Best 22lr out of the box. There is no substitute. You will be most happy with it.

Best 22lr out of the box. There is no substitute. You will be most happy with it.

Not to disagree, but there are better. However "for the money" this statement is spot on. Also if a repeater is an absolute requirement then the options are narrowed greatly which makes the 64 MPR an even sweeter deal. Like ratton I am sure you will be very happy. Just remember that about every rimfire is or at least can be different about ammo choice, so if your first attempt is les than expected just try some different brands of quality ammo.

You just bought a great rifle, enjoy it! Keep us posted...

I purchased a 64mpr 2 years ago no regrets it can be a frustrating search for the correct ammo that will give you the level of accuracy you will be happy with. I have tried many manufactures most of the offerings from the ammo available at this time will vary even the same box can produce inconsistent results even from match ammo. I had bought a couple boxes of eley match ( black box ) the first box I tried at 50 yards calm wind conditions was awesome it produced 1 hole 5 shot groups 7 different targets same result the second box different lott numbers did ok at 1/2" at same distance have not found the same lot number as the first bummer. The match ammo will give you the best accuracy the faster the velocity of the bullet the less stability of the round. The current availability of rimfire ammo is getting better but pricing is still a bit high the best thing I can tell you is try what ever you can get your hands on.

I am a Annie MPR fan boy,
but as has been stated, great gun, not the best, but most likely (as for me)
will out shoot the shooter.
my.number 1 thing to say about the rifle is, ammo, ammo, lot#, lot#.
at what yardage will you do most of your shooting.
that is were you test ammo for groups.......

welcome to the dark side!
YO

Not to disagree, but there are better. However "for the money" this statement is spot on. Also if a repeater is an absolute requirement then the options are narrowed greatly which makes the 64 MPR an even sweeter deal. Like ratton I am sure you will be very happy. Just remember that about every rimfire is or at least can be different about ammo choice, so if your first attempt is les than expected just try some different brands of quality ammo.

You just bought a great rifle, enjoy it! Keep us posted...

A+^
well said MR Bell
But deep down don't you want to screw the scope, off the saucer,
an drive a Annie under it. LOL never gets old trying to get you to let go that hammer
YO

I've had my MPR for a couple of years. Had to "fix" the ejection problem; its been great otherwise. I pretty much shot it weekly, typically at 100yrds or greater. Nice way to practice fundamentals; 22s at distance reveal sloppiness really fast.

Thanks for all the input guys, I wanted to get an accurate "factory" rifle rather then try to build something. I went down the wrong path while searching for an accurate center fire rifle. After a hand full of rifles including a custom one I still hadn't shot an accurate rifle until I got a Sako TRG 22. That was the first rifle that I ever shot a bug hole 5 shot group with, I had a grin from ear to ear that day. That's what I'm looking for in the Anschutz, at 50 yards.
Scott

Hey Bell, we are talking easily obtainable, you have one of only 5 rifles in the country dude :D

Scott you will be pleased with an MPR. You don't need any Midas + it is usually not even worth that extra money so don't go buying any. If you want bugholes at 50, stop drilling...you have struck oil. It is a lot more fun to stretch it's legs out past 200yds.

Hey Bell, we are talking easily obtainable, you have one of only 5 rifles in the country dude :D

Scott you will be pleased with an MPR. You don't need any Midas + it is usually not even worth that extra money so don't go buying any. If you want bugholes at 50, stop drilling...you have struck oil. It is a lot more fun to stretch it's legs out past 200yds.

As far as repeaters go yes I agree completely.

Love my MPR. I have had it for only a few months, but it shoots more accurately than I can drive it. I have shot as small as 0.19" 5 shot groups at 50 yards, and consistently under 0.5" so long as I do my part with decent ammo. Still trying to take it out to 100 yards, but I need a better scope with a better reticle.

come to the dark side RICO,
just shoot one
a little green guy named YODA makes them, his shop is in the deep woods next to the elfs that make cookies

Last edited:
455 with a Manners stock and then pillar and bed and then test brick after brick of ammo to see what shoots best and then maybe a Lilja barrel. Add it up and you will be well over the price of the Anschutz MPR.

I went through the exercise with two CZ 452's. One is great, the other is a dog and always will be. I much prefer to shoot my 1913a. I have Brno peeps on my 452 UL (the accurate one of the two) and shoot it when I really want a challenge at 50 yards, eye challenge that is.

455 with a Manners stock and then pillar and bed and then test brick after brick of ammo to see what shoots best and then maybe a Lilja barrel. Add it up and you will be well over the price of the Anschutz MPR.

I went through the exercise with two CZ 452's. One is great, the other is a dog and always will be. I much prefer to shoot my 1913a. I have Brno peeps on my 452 UL (the accurate one of the two) and shoot it when I really want a challenge at 50 yards, eye challenge that is.

With the 455 it is possible to get stellar accuracy from the factory barrel. All one needs to do is slug the barrel to be sure the muzzle end is tighter than the rest. If not barrel must be cut to the tightest spot but within reason not to go to short. If the tightest spot is to far back, then one must dump that barrel and find another. The 452 you have that won't shoot worth a darn I'll bet that barrel is not a keeper (won't slug well). Problem is you can't just pull it off like on a 455 and replace it for cheap but its possible it can be cut down and brought to life.

The manners stock really takes the 455 price way up as its a $500 stock on it own. If someone wants, the boyds pro varmint is a more cost attractive option being as little as $92 compared to $500!

yep i did just that with sons 4$$