• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Purchased My First GAP!

3bnRanger

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Man...I'm excited, just purchased my first GAP. I've been looking for one used and had a poster from another forum let me know about one for sale on Gunbroker (of all places). I tried to email the guy some questios but thought for the price I better just pull the trigger. I either just got a great deal...or royally screwed! Here's the thread:

Gunbroker GAP!!

Had to share my excitement....hopefully.

Re: Just Purchased My First GAP!

I saw it right after it was posted. I would have bought it if it had had an adj cheek piece.

There are two more some guy keeps posting for 3 day auctions. He'll let it expire and a few days later he puts them back up.

Nice rifle, I like it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingweb50</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #000099">The guy who sold that is a member here on the hide </span></div></div>

That kinda worries me....why didn't he list it here on the Hide?

Disregard my last....he doesn't have enough posts.

Yup, good thing you did the BIN.....would have been several bidding against you.

ME included!

I_rep, hoping you see this thread again.... Your pm limit is maxed out, clear it out and send me a pm, I found a .224 1 in 7" twist barrel for ya.

Nice pickup. I have shot a rifle exactly like this model, same action, barrel, etc. It was a hammer and fun to shoot.

great price , looks like a safe queen. def not a run n gun. well played sir your gonna love it and if you dont im sure there are some gentlemen on here that'll give u your money back

I've sold several things on GB lately since i don't have the post count to list them here. Many of them would be things folks here are looking for. Oh well.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw it right after it was posted. I would have bought it if it had had an adj cheek piece.</div></div>

It is listed in the description as an A5 stock. I thought the A5's always had the adjustable cheek rest. I would have thought this is an A3. Right or wrong?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Headgear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw it right after it was posted. I would have bought it if it had had an adj cheek piece.</div></div>

It is listed in the description as an A5 stock. I thought the A5's always had the adjustable cheek rest. I would have thought this is an A3. Right or wrong?</div></div>

the adjustable piece is an upgrade, not standard.

Adjustable cheek piece isn't all that important if you ask me. Just put an Eagle stock pack on it, and add/remove padding underneath until it provides a perfect cheek weld. When I got into precision shooting I had a Rem 700P without an adjustable cheek piece and that's what I did. When I purchased my GAP, I spent extra to get an adjustable cheek piece with KMW hardware and all the goodies. I spent a while fiddling with it to get it where I wanted, then put the Eagle stock pack over it. Looking back on it, I could have just crammed some padding beneath the stock pack and saved a lot of money.

Make sure you post a range report!!! Looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey 3rdbat, when and where? ...were you? </div></div>

Aco. 2000-2004....went to A-stan after 9/11 and I was in Iraq with Rippetoe, Livaudais, and Long on 4/3/03. Be safe and take names.

RLTW!