• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Just recieved my Lone Wolf 40-9 Barrel.

Utah Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
SL UT
Anything I need to know? It is for my G27 to shoot 9mm. It came with the compensator and the mag as well.

Re: Just recieved my Lone Wolf 40-9 Barrel.

Send it back. The breach face, extractor, and ejector on your gun are not designed for 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send it back. The breach face, extractor, and ejector on your gun are not designed for 9mm. </div></div>

No, but it'll work just fine anyway.

OP: I assume this is for plinking/training purposes... If you plan on using it fir CCW, test the shit out if it, because downzero is right, your gun isn't designed to work on smaller 9mm caseheads, and reliability will almost certainly not be as good as OEM.

Just for shooting at the range. I would not CC it.

I would not shoot it at all, personally.

If you want a 9mm, buy one. Glocks are cheap.

And you're right, it will probably work just fine anyway.

There are differences between 9, 40 and 45 on glocks to ensure proper operation without problems.

Using a different caliber barrel then intend can alter it's proper functioning.
It will work but you can run into more operational issues.

The benefit of glock is the fact the frames are the same so training with the G26 and carrying the G27 is no different

I bought one of the std 40-9 barrels for my G23 and have no issues with it. Nice being able to swap over to 9mm for range time and plinking.

Took it out today. With the compensator on it Failure to Eject every time. With the compensator off worked like a charm. That little bit of weight on the front and no go.

The load that runs beautiful in my Glock 30 wouldn't run my Glock 21C, even though velocity of the 21C was about 50fps faster.

So, I increased my charge from 5.3 Titegroup to 5.8 - that did it.

I don't think it's the weight, I think it's the comp bleeding off energy that would have otherwise worked the action.