• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just saw "Swordfish," too bad it's not reality!

boltstop

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2010
Colorado, USA
I've never seen the film before and did not know the premise.

Too bad it isn't what really happens - I'd LOVE to see terror-supporting nations like Pakistan and Iran take it in the shorts from a "secret organization."

Now that I think of it, didn't one of the Iranian research facilities recently close down due to the infection of their computer systems from a pretty serious worm? Poor babies <chuckle>.

Re: Just saw "Swordfish," too bad it's not reality!

Are you talking about the one where Holly Berry shows her boobies? I haven't seen that in ages.

Love that film, great premise the surround sound when the ballbearing bomb goes off is spectacular. Always thought it deserved a sequel as Travolta's character is free to roam.

Happy New Year
Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you talking about the one where Holly Berry shows her boobies? I haven't seen that in ages. </div></div>

Well, I watched it on AMC and if there was a part that got cut out, I am sorely sorry for it.

Because she is TREMENDOUSLY HAWT.

Laws, laws she's hot.

WHAT!?!?! That was the BEST part of that movie!!! Mmmmmm....Halley Berry.... *drools*

There are better tits out there than hers...........just sayin'.

'2 nights in the valley' charlize theron...worth a look, good film also

Swordfish is one of top 10 movies! You need to watch the movie "TOWN"! It has some profanity, in case you have kids.

SwordFish - with John Travolta?

I have that, and I missed titties?

I'm going to fast forward my DVD LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SwordFish - with John Travolta?

I have that, and I missed titties?

I'm going to fast forward my DVD LOL </div></div>

They paid her a large sum for a topless scene in Swordfish. I think it's at the pool where you see them. Dunno, been a few years since I watched it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Too bad it isn't what really happens....</div></div>
If it really were that way, they wouldn't tell us, now, would they?

I agree that anti-terrorism/anti-insurgency should be done in the dark of night because Joe Sixpack doesn't have the stomach for the ruthlessness and brutality it requires but the secrecy is a two-edged sword. What checks and balances could there possibly be on such an organization to see that they're only ever killing the right people?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Too bad it isn't what really happens....</div></div>
If it really were that way, they wouldn't tell us, now, would they?

I agree that anti-terrorism/anti-insurgency should be done in the dark of night because Joe Sixpack doesn't have the stomach for the ruthlessness and brutality it requires but the secrecy is a two-edged sword. What checks and balances could there possibly be on such an organization to see that they're only ever killing the right people? </div></div>

Yeah this premise only works so long as they don't decide behind those closed doors that snipershide members are the threat and should be quietly removed from the general population.

Unfortunately you don't get to approve of one and not the other.

Also, in highschool as a young aspiring computer professional I found this movie frustratingly retarded from that angle.

Hackers was better, and that's a stretch
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, in highschool as a young aspiring computer professional I found this movie frustratingly retarded from that angle.

Hackers was better, and that's a stretch
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hackers, as bad as it is will always hold a place in my heart. At the time that move came out I was the Co-Sysop of a multi-node BBS running PC Board software and RIP graphics. Dual 56.6k modems served our local populace. God I miss those days...

Agreed, the screenwriter(s) obviously came to the conclusion that 1024-bit encryption must be better than 512 or 256. It's bigger numbers, right? Kind of like 3D is better than 2D because it's got more "D's", eh?

My buddies worked on that opening slow-mo Matrix-y shot but I didn't have the heart to tell them they worked on a turd of a film. They were just too proud...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed, the screenwriter(s) obviously came to the conclusion that 1024-bit encryption must be better than 512 or 256. It's bigger numbers, right? Kind of like 3D is better than 2D because it's got more "D's", eh?...</div></div>
I ain't that greedy. DDs have always been plenty for me.