• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

just showing off

prossound

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Rockdale, TX
I just got done putting it together today.Savage 10 FCP-K in .308 and the Vortex PST 6-24X50 that just arrived today. I am very impressed by these optics. I can not wait to get it to the range and look at it side by side with my luepy.

100_3171.jpg

Re: just showing off

I have a 10 FCP-K that shoots great--yours shoot well? What loads does it like?

nice setup but you might want to consider lower rings and your eye relief looks way forward.

good luck with it

new rings are in the near future. those were left overs from another setup. the eye relief is spot on for myself and the wife unit. I was suprised at how long the eye relief was.

You'll be disappointed in the fact that you spent so much more money on your Leupold! I think the PST is as good or better glass than the MK4..or at least it's better than the one I had
frown.gif

Nice stick though!

sfp on the optics. I actually like the ability to change power levels and multiplier of mils. as far as action choice I have owned or shot just about everything out there. I like the Savage for consistant accuracy and features out of the box. they all work well but the ease of customization and decent stock trigger makes me lean towards Savage. that and the fact that my first hunting rifle I purchased was a Savage .223 that ran me $435 with optics and still to this day shoots .5 moa with factory ammo. my wife even took her first deer with the .223. I have changed the stock and optics but the rest remains unchanged.

ok I guess setting up eye relief at night looking at lights is not the way to go
icon_smile_big.gif
FIFY. I had a chance to look at my luepy side by side with the Vortex and it looks like I need to order another Vortex
icon_smile.gif
. the recticle on this thing is perfect for my needs.

100_3174.jpg

ive got a viper pst ffp on order right now, i like reading about how people like them more then the higher end scopes! makes me feel better about buying one!! i hope mine lives up to the expectations i have for it! we'll be running very similar set ups! ENJOY IT!