• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just (special) ordered a 24" IBI barrel for my MTR

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
After talking at length with a very well known 2500 (score) ARA shooter about getting a replacement barrel for my MTR (to shoot ARA "unlimited" benchrest), and finding that International Barrels Inc./IBI (British Columbia, Canada) would be willing to do a special order to get me beyond their 22" max length norm, I just placed my order - CZ 457 drop-in, Eley EPS chamber (other chambers available), target crown, finished length of 24". Price well south of Lilja but going up $30-$50 (USD) when their new website comes online shortly. Shipment timing is about 4-6 weeks.

For some perspective, Ultimatum will be using IBI barrels for their upcoming R700-footprint barreled action offering ("Deuce" - https://www.ultimatumprecision.com/...cts/deuce-barreled-action-pre-sale-50-deposit). They note in their website spec, "IBI Olympic Grade Match Barrel...Proprietary DEUCE barrel contour with heavy muzzle, maintaining radial tension to ensure optimal accuracy." That "heavy muzzle" barrel contour is what IBI is using in their current CZ drop-ins - straight cylinder up to the last 2.5" (muzzle end) where it is increased to .925. [BTW, IBI hones their bores on state-of-the-art Sunnen hones, .0001 (on-tenth) variance in bore diameter from breech to muzzle.]

My order is being added to a multi-barrel order going to Australia, where they do not pull blanks from stock (the current blanks for CZ drop-in for Canada and the US are 23", finish at max 22"), so the timing was right for me - should allow me to catch the April match with the new barrel...kiss the current barrel bye-bye at the March match.

So if what I am doing makes sense for others, give Ryan Steacy a call at (604) 674-6972, option 1. Again, the pricing is going up when the new website launches, and the Australian order starts in the shop in the near term.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
probably.. correct me if am wrong most of the barrel maker for prefit barrel usually ship 16 twist 6 grooves.unless you buy barrel blank and stated what you want? but in this case this are prefit barrel I think? I might wrong though...……..

I also have an IBI barrel coming for my 457 but it's their regular offering with a Callfee 4 chamber.

ELR researcher, did the well known ARA shooter discuss the Win 52D chamber?

I also have an IBI barrel coming for my 457 but it's their regular offering with a Callfee 4 chamber.

ELR researcher, did the well known ARA shooter discuss the Win 52D chamber?

kod PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH CALLFEE 4 CHAMBER? when you got a change.Thanks

Unclear who "they" are. If IBI, they already build less than 24" - the 24" is a special order. Their standard max is 22". Should be no issue to get one 22" or less.

Sorry should have said 16-18” threaded barrels

Sorry should have said 16-18” threaded barrels
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry but I have no idea - 24" was what I was looking for, so never had occasion to inquire about a shorter barrel. BTW, since the CZ received is not thread, I'm assuming you mean threaded at the muzzle. I suggest that you give Ryan Steacy a call at (604) 674-6972, option 1.

Have you talked to Ryan about them making a threaded barrel? I have and he said they wouldn't make one for individuals. Brownells asked for threaded barrels and bought a lot of them, that's how they got theirs. Maybe Ryan will make one for 4 times the cost of a normal one. That was one of Frankr's requirements.

Have you talked to Ryan about them making a threaded barrel? I have and he said they wouldn't make one for individuals. Brownells asked for threaded barrels and bought a lot of them, that's how they got theirs. Maybe Ryan will make one for 4 times the cost of a normal one. That was one of Frankr's requirements.
You seem to have the scoop. I had no reason to discuss a threaded barrel and did not. Simply pointed Frankr to the source of data.

You seem to have the scoop. I had no reason to discuss a threaded barrel and did not. Simply pointed Frankr to the source of data.
Well, I have talked with Ryan a lot for awhile now. I tried several times to get him to thread me a barrel before Brownells even had theirs but he said IBI wouldn't do it. He never gave me a reason and I didn't push the issue. Later on, I asked him about the ones Brownells had and he said Brownells wanted them that way. I wasn't paying attention to the length, I just new Frankr wanted a threaded barrel. I went back and read my post, I apologize for sounding like a dickhead.

Well, I have talked with Ryan a lot for awhile now. I tried several times to get him to thread me a barrel before Brownells even had theirs but he said IBI wouldn't do it. He never gave me a reason and I didn't push the issue. Later on, I asked him about the ones Brownells had and he said Brownells wanted them that way. I wasn't paying attention to the length, I just new Frankr wanted a threaded barrel. I went back and read my post, I apologize for sounding like a dickhead.

I talked to Ryan but it’s been a few months. I just keep hoping they start making one. I thought about getting on and having it cut but Ryan said it might negatively affect the accuracy (don’t know if they choke their barrels like Kidd and Anschutz or not)

still I appreciate the heads up from both of you guys.
Right now I am dealing with a new 10/22 action and carbon fiber barrel and trying to track down a few little issues with that gun. Then I will be back on bolt action rimfires barring the corona virus screwing up stuff more than it has

Got an email telling me my IBI barrel for the 457 will be here Friday. First thing I'll do is take measurements for comparison to the factory barrel.