• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Started P90X.... *UPDATE 90 DAYS DONE!!!*

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
On day 4, and while I've done P90 in the past at work, it's only been splotchy, on shift, and never with the meal plan.

This time I'm doing the whole 90 day program, with the meal plan and all. Gonna see what kind of results it yields. I've let myself get way to out of shape over the years, time to reel myself back in...

Rather than putting up pics after it's all done, I'll put up my flabby before pics now, and track results every thirty days... If any thing, it'll help hold my feet to the fire...

Day 4 (couldn't get pics until now)

DSC_1224.jpg

DSC_1225.jpg

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1227.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

Beginning weight : 212.7 lbs
Measure :
Hips: 42 3/4"
Waist @ belly button : 38"

There it is... We'll see what happens now...

---------------------------------------------
After 30 day report...

Took a 4 day break when I went on a mini-vacation, tried not to eat too bad, but did come off the diet a couple days. Here's the progress after 4 weeks completed on the program, in the middle of week 5 now.... I'm sure the break didn't help, but I'm OK with my progress thus far.

30 day weight : 196.5 lbs
Measure :
Hips: 41"
Waist @ belly button : 35"

DSC_1229.jpg

DSC_1233.jpg

DSC_1231.jpg

DSC_1230.jpg

After 60 day report...

Phase two has been a challenge. I haven't been following the diet as closely as in phase one and it shows in my progress. I'm still eating good foods, but have been eating larger portions of the meat than I probably should have been. I also will have to just cut out eating with the guys at the station for the last phase. While we eat good on shift, this last phase of the diet is bizarre, and I don't quite know yet how to take it... LOL

I'm going to try to step it up for the last 5 weeks and really see what I can get. I missed a couple of workouts in phase 2 that I need to make up, but over all I feel like I'm keeping up pretty good. For the most part I have now ALMOST completely mastered all the workouts, with only a few weak areas I struggle in. I feel great, and my pants continue to feel looser every week.

30 day weight : 186.5 lbs
Measure :
Hips: 40"
Waist @ belly button : 34"

DSC_1254.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

Re: Just started P90X....

I'm impressed, way to go man. Not only the fact that you're doing it but posting up pics for all to see the progress.

Good luck!

Yup, success or failure, either way it goes it's there for everyone to see...

Keep taking those pics. You are gonna like the results. Feed off them. Motivation, Perpetuation.

Getting the diet down will take a lil getting used to, but once you settle in, and commited, it's on.

You are also gonna re-realize the beni's of fitness. Starting with your head.

Hammer down.

P90X, best thing I ever did....
Went from soft 205 lbs. to hard/cut 171 lbs in 90 days.
Good luck, I admire your guts for posting your pics....

Good luck, brother! I made it to day 79, before I was injured...need to get back on it.

Oh yeah, enjoy the yoga...I hated that the most.

I wish I had the room to do P90X. Maybe after we move to a new house I can get some room to myself!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.Oh yeah, enjoy the yoga...I hated that the most. </div></div>

Right? its supposed to be for a "down" day. If you take all of the options they work about 400 pushups into it.

I'm on week 3 of the lean course. Already I have lost inches and pounds. Will find out exactly today at drill. Started at 248 and 41 inch, Army tape. Got fed up with being lazy.

Hardest day so far has been first day back doing Core on week 3. Yoga is a smoker but I like it. Seems no matter what day you are on you are hitting many of the same groups. I'm not following their diet but am eating smarter and smaller. Found I need to eat more as on week 2 I was crashing especially during legs/back.

Good luck man, I'll check back and we can keep each other motivated.

Fair play for having the balls to go straight in with the pics, no backing out now. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair play for having the balls to go straight in with the pics, no backing out now. Good luck! </div></div>

Lol. That was the goal!!

just stick with it dude. Especially the meal plan. No cheating.

Right on JRose! Good for you. The key to keeping this thing to together is the planning. As I'm sure you've noticed, it's amazing how much better you feel after just a few days. I will look forward to reading about your progress.

-Chris

P90 x is great- for best results try to follow the diet. I do not have the most adventurous pallet so I went the the portion plan route and ended up looking like a Boot again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On day 4, and while I've done P90 in the past at work, it's only been splotchy, on shift, and never with the meal plan.

This time I'm doing the whole 90 day program, with the meal plan and all. Gonna see what kind of results it yields. I've let myself get way to out of shape over the years, time to reel myself back in...

Rather than putting up pics after it's all done, I'll put up my flabby before pics now, and track results every thirty days... If any thing, it'll help hold my feet to the fire...

Day 4 (couldn't get pics until now)

DSC_1224.jpg

DSC_1225.jpg

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1227.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

Beginning weight : 212.7 lbs
Measure :
Hips: 42 3/4"
Waist @ belly button : 38"

There it is... We'll see what happens now...
</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WD_nkqY6rSk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WD_nkqY6rSk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I'm on week 2. Couldn't walk after plyo the first week, feeling good this week. like you said, shift work makes it TOUGH. Good luck with the meal plan, My wife and I are eating great now that we are adjusting.

1st week down. First week has been a challenge, battling being sick and that meal plan have worn me down. I'm just not wired to eat like that...

There's been a learning curve, but I think I have it figured out now. I'm just going to use the portion plan and start making my own foods. The biggest problem I've had with the diet is that I don't think I'm taking in enough food. I plan on paying closer attention to that.

Work outs are going good. The yoga and AB ripper I seem to be dogging on, but hopefully with time it'll get better.

So far I'm down to 205.0 lbs, but I think that's due to not eating enough, which might not necessarily be a good thing.

if you read the fitness guide even the owner of the company was totally smashed the first month or so.

yoga takes a ton of core and extensor muscle strength to balance.

Did core synergistics from the "recovery week" yesterday, just finishing up the first phase this week. It had me near vomiting yesterday. I didn't hold anything back in the start to make sure I made it all the way through so needless to say by the end I was ready to let it loose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuckner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did core synergistics from the "recovery week" yesterday, just finishing up the first phase this week. It had me near vomiting yesterday. I didn't hold anything back in the start to make sure I made it all the way through so needless to say by the end I was ready to let it loose. </div></div>

I still remember I was soooo looking forward to that first recovery week. I didn't preview the videos so I had no idea what to expect.

Dam J
Now I know why Mike always wants to bunk with you, You are AWESOME man.

On a more serious note..... A 30 year old buddy, in good shape because he is current Army Reserve on readiness for deployment, just ruptured a deltoid doing the P90X. Beware. This guy won't get deployed now for quite some time.

Dave

Just finished week 3 of the Lean plan. However, I have to say, gonna skip recovery week. Instead, week 4 is going to be my week 1 of the Classic. The lean plan just doesn't challenge me now, especially the cardio X day. Plus, I could use the 3 days of ab, and the plyo.

Good luck man and keep it up! Thanks for posting this for us to see your progress. I'm starting the program this week so we'll see how that goes lol

Is there much of a difference in using the bands or the weights? I've been using the weights but it is a pain in the butt to switch the weights in the middle the workout because I have the screw type dumbbells.

good luck with the P90 videos. I couldn't workout in my living room. My couch was just too damn close.

If you p90xers are starting to miss the gym try crossfit for a change. Its a hell of a workout and gets me an 'out of the house' workout.

<span style="font-weight: bold">WEEK TWO UPDATE </span>

Ok, pants are fitting looser, lost 10 pounds so far, and feeling good. The soreness is starting to subside a bit, the first week I was destroyed, second week I'm a little sore but can function fine. Lol

Problems....

Shift work is making this very hard to keep consistsant. I can't eat at regular intervals, and I get interupted in the middle of my workouts pretty consiststantly. I feel like these things will hurt my progress.

Also, motivation kinda slacked the past two days. I think mostly b/c of a hectic schedule, and the fact that I'm normally down there by myeself w/o anyone to push me. I'm finishing workouts, but I feel like I could be pushing harder, either more weight, or more reps.

Also I failed on the meal plan the way it was laid out on the first week. Week 2 I adopted the portion approach and have done WAY better. Now I can eat the foods I like, get the right fuel, and still not take in junk I don't need. It feels like I'm eating too much food, and sometimes I can't finish.

So far I'm liking the results. Anxious to see the 30 day results soon.

thats all very common , id say the very vast majority of people who are training , are over training and under eating.

most people do fail with a deit plan as most of them call for eating 5-6 times a day , thats not easy for most folks , so if you can only eat 3-4 times a day then you have to choose foods that will stay with you a little longer

the biggest thing is to not get discouraged , stick with it and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor

Stick with it ... some days you can do more than others ... some days you go way off the diet ... the one thing that will make the most difference is that you keep coming back. You hit play and you do as much as you can do for that day. It adds up fast.

Keep the Faith ...

good luck to you.

Just do what you can when you can..Its not a perfect world and anything healthy is good..

Just dont hurt yourself thats counter productive..

I have two smoothies a day as snacks. One at around 10 am and the other at around 2 pm.

Smoothie Recipe:
1. 8oz Almond milk (Silk or Blue Diamond Brand all natural or vanilla unsweetened. They have 35 or 40 calories per serving.).
2. 1 scoop of protein powder.
3. 1 piece of fruit. (banana, apple, etc).
4. Optional: 1 TBSP of Blue Diamond All Natural Almond Butter.
5. Optional: Cinnamon. Goes great with apples or banana.

Ending week 4 tonight, its Kempo. Nice break. I am seeing results, not as sore, but today I am from legs/back last night. However, I did every rep and got as low as I ever have, same for Yoga. Still can't hold myself on my wrists, but that balance move is gay anyway.

Wasn't this sore last week, quite strange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished week 3 of the Lean plan. However, I have to say, gonna skip recovery week. Instead, week 4 is going to be my week 1 of the Classic. The lean plan just doesn't challenge me now, especially the cardio X day. Plus, I could use the 3 days of ab, and the plyo. </div></div>

Just substitute plyo for cardio. It won't mess up the lean plan, because plyo is just a lot of intense cardio. Or do cardio in addition to the normal lean plan. e.g. cardio in the morning, normal lean plan in the evening.

Plyo is beating my ass hard. Wonder how many cal's I burn doing it. I can literally, wring out my shirt and have a sweat puddle. Hell, I just did it.

I've really got to get my shit together on Plyo and yoga. The other discs are easy to me because weight lifting is natural to me. It's easy to feel the pump and max yourself out. It takes real discipline to max yourself out on Plyo and Yoga because you can get sloppy and cheat.

Those two are giving me the hardest time. That and I've skipped AB ripper twice now due to not being able to work out late and just being ready to go to bed...

<------- lazy ass.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That and I've skipped AB ripper twice now due to not being able to work out late and just being ready to go to bed...

<------- lazy ass.....</div></div>

Rest is just as important to good conditioning as the training , don't beatyourself up over it , just don't start finding excuses to cut corners.
your body will tell you when you need a break , little aches that linger , quick fatigue things like that , pay attention and know ehn to say "ok i need a couple days off"

If there's one thing I won't skip, it's the AB ripper. I'm actually getting better and can do almost all the reps. Except the Mason twist, because I just suck at it. Fifer scizzors fucks with me, but I tell myself only "two more", at the 10th rep. Seems to work. But then, it's all lower ab abuse from that point on, and I feel like taking a shit every time. Lol.

been at it a couple weeks and already have more wind and flexibility.seems to be a good program

Welp. I fell off my pull up bar, that was ghetto rigged in my garage across the beams. Basically, it was teter tottering on one, unknown to me or it slid, and I was doing a reverse pull up. Well, it my weight caused the right to dip, I panicked and let go with right hand, held on with left. The bar got wedged under the right beam, and long story short, I tore my fucking bicep or part of it.

Fuck it, gonna trooper through it. Doc says can't do much about it, doesn't need surgery.

Ouch. Better heal that thing up first. I used to work with a guy that tore his biceps and didn't let it heal right, they were never right again.

I'm in the middle of week 12 and will be finished with the program next weekend. I've been pretty happy with the results. I've stuck with the food guidelines pretty closely and mainly eat the same breakfast, morning snack and lunch every day - protein shake, protein bar, big chef salad. A smaller protein shake after the evening workout, then dinner. For dinner it's steak, chicken or fish with brown rice or baked sweet potato or something similar. Fajita with whole wheat shell and asian stir-fry are in heavy rotation. If I go out to a restaurant , I'll get a salad or something like the above dinner. I am drinking only water plus a little bit of milk in the protein shakes.

I've been running 5 days a week since January 2008 so have had good cardio fitness, but have not done any real strength training before. I put running on the back burner to try this program out for 3 months. I started at 180 and am at 163 as of this morning, which is the least I've ever weighed as an adult. I'm 5'10", so I wasn't really huge or anything like that, but not in great shape. Arms look good, and I can see some abs if I flex. Love handles are pretty much gone. I've recently started to really miss running every day so I've been doing a quick 3.5 mile run in the morning right when I get up and then the regular P90X after work. Feels good, and I expect to be down around 160# by the end of next week, which I think is about my fighting weight.

I plan on taking about a week off or so(keep running) when I'm done with P90X and then I'm going to do "Insanity". I always thought these programs seemed kind of goofy/cheesy, but it's a good fit for me. Never wanted to join a gym, just because of the time commitments - by the time I drive there and back, shower, etc, it's basically a whole night gone. This I can do at home in the basement right after work, jump in the shower and be ready for whatever the rest of the night holds....

JRose, your before pics look very similar to mine. Keep at it and I think you'll be pretty pleased how ti turns out...

Good luck,
Erik

I'm starting week 4 today, so far I'm sticking to the diet fairly close, when I waiver I try to maintain the right portions and foods though. I know there are some set backs I have to work around, and I know that will affect my results a touch, but even if I don't get ripped, I'd like to get rid of the love handles and bitch tits. Plus, I'm feeling like I can run through brick walls, so I'm chalking it up as a success.