• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Just starting to run NV

baue

Minuteman
Jun 22, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey all,

It's my first post on this forum and I am just beginning to get into running NV and was wondering if this was a solid setup to start:

-TNV/PVS14 ITT Gen 3 PINNACLE
-Team Wendy EXFIL LTP
-Norotos INVG Mount
-Surefire 620v
-LDI CQBL-1

Let me know if y'all have any suggestions of what may be better equipment to start out with. Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear you have just engaged in a highly expensive and addictive hobby. Lol.

No, your fine. That's a great little NV kit. I have all kinds of different NV toys but I think the one to have if you only have 1 is a good PVS 14.

I love that helmet too BTW.
Go check out MOD armory there in your town to see other nv gear.

Welcome to the hide sir.

This is stuff you personally own? Heck, yeah it's a good setup.

This just for killing coyotes or what? Wish I had the money to buy cool stuff like that.

RobertB
Sorry to hear you have just engaged in a highly expensive and addictive hobby. Lol.

No, your fine. That's a great little NV kit. I have all kinds of different NV toys but I think the one to have if you only have 1 is a good PVS 14.

I love that helmet too BTW.
Go check out MOD armory there in your town to see other nv gear.

Welcome to the hide sir.

It's way more addictive than I thought it would be. I ran with a buddy one time and he just got me absolutely addicted and I never realized how much "other" stuff outside of the monocular I would need. I was just making sure I was tracking with a solid kit between value and quality. And its great to be on here finally, thanks!

SPDSNYPR
This is stuff you personally own? Heck, yeah it's a good setup.

This just for killing coyotes or what? Wish I had the money to buy cool stuff like that.

It's a setup I've been working on for a while and thanks, I love it! Yeah, right now I do a lot of coyotes but I'm looking toward other game too (hogs, yes they do exist in CO) if I can find a decent place to go. I keep trying to convince everyone I don't have a girlfriend because I cant afford one :p

Hey all,

It's my first post on this forum and I am just beginning to get into running NV and was wondering if this was a solid setup to start:

-TNV/PVS14 ITT Gen 3 PINNACLE
-Team Wendy EXFIL LTP
-Norotos INVG Mount
-Surefire 620v
-LDI CQBL-1

Let me know if y'all have any suggestions of what may be better equipment to start out with. Thanks for your help!

This is a great setup! The Team Wendy LTP helmet is by far the most comfortable non ballistic polymer helmet in my opinion. Good stuff!

This is a great setup! The Team Wendy LTP helmet is by far the most comfortable non ballistic polymer helmet in my opinion. Good stuff!

Thanks for your confirmation! I had heard only great things about the Team Wendy Helmets and I don't think I'm going to need a ballistic helmet for my purposes. I found a killer deal on a RAPTAR Lite ES yesterday and I was wondering if you had information on how this would compare the CQBL-1/Surefire setup. Do you think that it would function about on par? I know that the RAPTAR Lite has a Surefire light so I assume its pretty on par.

Thanks for your confirmation! I had heard only great things about the Team Wendy Helmets and I don't think I'm going to need a ballistic helmet for my purposes. I found a killer deal on a RAPTAR Lite ES yesterday and I was wondering if you had information on how this would compare the CQBL-1/Surefire setup. Do you think that it would function about on par? I know that the RAPTAR Lite has a Surefire light so I assume its pretty on par.

I agree with Eric on the TW LTP, most comfort for the money!
On the RAPTAR, it will kind of depend on how killer of a deal it is. I am not a fan of it. I'd personally rather have something with a better illuminator.