• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just switched to AI and love it!

The Zebra

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Louisiana
Hello fellow Hiders,
I just recently switched my R700 from a B&C M40 stock to the AI AX chassis system. I only have about 100 rounds on the chassis since the swap last week but so far, I love it. Can't wait for my TAB sling to come in so I can see how useful the folding stock really is. That and the Atlas bipod.

I also just snagged a NXS 5.5-22x56 with MOAR reticle from the guys at Sport Optics and the reticle is so very nice. Those guys at SO are a class act.

Just wanted to share a few shitty iphone pics from here in the office:

AI700.jpg

AI7002.jpg

AI700folded.jpg

Re: Just switched to AI and love it!

Nice looking rig right there! The atlas will be a nice addition.

The ax chassis is really a real nice setup. A buddy of mine has one and I have really enjoyed using and shooting it. Been an awesome setup so far

Nice. Just got my AI AX chassis today. can't wait to get out and play with her.

I would love my ax .308 if it ever ships....ever ughhhhhh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!! Going from and B&C to an AI AX in my opinion is like going from a Pinto to a Porshe!!

Nicely done sir!!

</div></div>
or ford to ferrari

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rig, what part of La you from?</div></div>

Currently in Lafayette.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the AX chassis compare to an AICS w/Viper Skins?
-- </div></div>
AX vs AICS w/ViperSkins
Almost the same feel. Too me the AX feels noticeably thinner. Plus if you like to shoot prone the AX has a cut out side feed magazine well, so you don't have to come off target to change mags.

Is the triggerguard still cramped like an AICS or is it as large as an AW?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the triggerguard still cramped like an AICS or is it as large as an AW?</div></div>
Trigger guard has more space front to back and I can just about put my pinky finger flat on the bottom under the Jewel trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the triggerguard still cramped like an AICS or is it as large as an AW?</div></div>

I've never handled the AW but there is TONS of room in the trigger guard of the AX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armedzebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rig, what part of La you from?</div></div>

Currently in Lafayette.</div></div> Cajun Country!

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who feels the AICS trigger guard area is a little cramped.

I do have rather beefy mitts though...

Good to hear the AX is a little roomier.

Might need to meet up soon, I'm looking for a chassis for my next project.