• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Just the one

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Was out shooting for crows,

shot a few, not very good or solid hits,

I am a poor shot gunner,

however I had one good shot during the day,

the one pheasant, that I jumped in a bit of marchland.

IMAG0028.jpg

Well I was happy as a clam, the shot making sure that i have a bit of dinner next weekend.

/Chris

Re: Just the one

WTG. Tell me a little about the gun you are using. Looks like rifle/shotgun combo. Was out hunting pheasants and geese last week in Kansas and it was opener of deer season. Had 2, 4x and 5x whitetail within easy rifle range. Would be nice to carry a combo gun like that if came in a decent caliber.

Thx.

Thanks bro,

the gun in question is a drilling, two shot barrels and a rifled barrel, there are other cnofigurations to but this is the most common one,

2x 12/70 or 12/2 1/2 as would be the US way of putting it, a 7x57R rifled barrel, 1/2 choke in both shot barrels will still shot a Brenneke to POI at 50 meters, for the 7 mm barrel I am shooting 160 grains AB bullets.

These pieces comes in most cals awailable, 12/16/20 guage ower 30-30 or 9,3x74R and others too like 5,6x52R~223 Rem or even 6,5x55 or 6,5/8 mm x57R.

My drilling has claw mounts for the optics, they are return to zero and QD by just pressing a plunger to the side of the mounts.

Modern drillings can be had in 3 inch and steel proofed werions to and a 12/76 ie 3 inch over 8x57JSR would be the cats wiskers for that combo hunt that you speak of.

Best regards Chris

Pretty bird, and interesting working gun. I've only seen older drillings here in the US and none actually being used. Next time, I wouldn't mind seeing a better pic of the gun in the field.

Cheers

Thanks guys for all the nice comments,

the drilling weighs about 3,2 kilos or about 7~8 Lbs without the scope and about 3,5 kilos or 8~9 lbs with it on,

I use it a lot during hunts with driven game and a mixed bag, tends to get shots at deer (roe) at 50-60 meters and the rifled barrel does the job at that range.

I will get some more pics up for you´ll after the weekend.

Best regards Chris

Very interesting! Looking forward to more details...

drillingen.jpg

Just another pic, from when it came home/back from the smith.

As stated above it´s a Merkel model 32, with a new stock made up for me, the old one broke, 1/2 choke in both 12 gauge barrels, it will shoot 28-32 gram loads great, going heavier will make it shoot apart, for me that is,

S&B 1,25-4 Ilum nr 4 reticle in claw mounts to fully use the 7x57R rifled barrels really decent performance, the first two shots, CBS and the next shoot only an inch apart, the third is about 10 cm/4 inch high and the forth is beyond the berm, barrel heating will bend the whole package.

Here is another dear friend to show of at driven hunts for big game.

IMAGE_429-2.jpg

/Chris