• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just thinking out loud

sgj2025

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
west,ky
I know this is the hide been here for a while. But was wandering if anyone has any experience with the steyr aug. Is it worthwhile to add to the collection. Just looking for another fun dependable range toy.

I reviewed one a couple of years ago and it was a very fun rifle to shoot. Accuracy at 100 yards with match ammo was about 2" and with 55 gr ball ammo it was about 4". The trigger was awful but the rifle was very smooth shooting. That being said if you're looking for something different I'd look at the tavor x95. It takes standard NATO mags, better accessory mounting options, and you can get a geissele trigger pack for it. Price wise I think they're about the same too.

Thanks guys. For that kinda money. I will prolly put it towards something else. Honestly I really don't need anymore.