• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Venting

My wife had ass cancer about 3 yrs ago(stage 1). If it is caught early, one has a better chance of getting rid of it( as is usually true with any cancer). The one thing is is that no matter what stage is, it is all treated the same. The treatment has not changed for a long time(decades). Her’s was a combination of radiation and chemo. The radiation wasn’t bad but the two rounds of chemo really kicked her ass. At one point in time I cleaned the house of guns because she didn’t want to continue the chemo. Chemo sucked, really sucked.
I should add that today it has not shown any sign of recurrence, thought she does have some side effects from radiation but not badly.

I was not trying to be a Debby Downer in my previous post, just realistic. Any cancer sucks, but it treatable and much more survivable than in previous years. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and especially her. Treatment affects different people differently. Her chemo Dr. said her reaction to chemo therapy was one of the worst he had seen. My radiation treatment was a higher dose than hers but she had a few more side effects.
Give her all the support you can, it is a tuff road to travel but it is passable.
Godspeed my friend.

Reactions: oneshot86
Just found out one of my old employees has died of cancer. He was 64. He retired about 3 years after I did. He moved to Tampa and got to spend about 2-3 years there.

• Sad
Reactions: UKDslayer
Prayers indeed. My younger brother had it and has dealt with ulcerative colitis since age of 14. He's doing well. Similar results as Redheeler mentioned above. It can be defeated!

Prayers for you daughter.

FUCK CANCER!!!
I still remember emptying emesis buckets for my mom when she was doing chemo.
37 yrs ago.
We talked on the phone last evening. And do a couple times a week.

As a father, as best one can when not in a situation, I can imagine where you are.
🙏

"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -Albert Camus

Reactions: oneshot86
I hope “possible” means there’s a chance. I hope it’s not cancer.

As far as the paid off rig. Had one totaled in 2019….I wish it was in 2022 post inflation dollars. Perfectly good vehicle, just did a trans rebuild and all new motor mounts. $1,500 payoff.

I get kicked in the balls a lot, you would think having small balls I’d be immune….. unfortunately life has a “wide foot”

Reactions: DocRDS
Hold Fast!! You will be tested. You will bend. You will not break!!