• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just worked over the powderhorn

ewoaf

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2009
    Albemarle VA
    beaurobbins.com
    Decided to pu this here since we dont have a vintage equipment section.
    I've been putting the final touches to an outfit to be used for 2nd Seminole War living history that I've been working on for about a year and a half. Got in a new set of finger-woven sash and garter set yesterday, so I've been motivated. Looking at my powder horn, I decided it needed to be churched up a bit. Simply scribed a design on w/ extra fine sharpie and followed along with an awl, applied black ink, wiped down, and finally rubbed down with really fine steel wool.

The design is nothing more than a mish mash of Floridian wildlife. I really enjoyed doing it as it's a simple project that doesn't take much skill, goes fast, and really blings up a horn.
    2lbztoo.jpg

5ej1op.jpg

4lt8g2.jpg

2uiyttj.jpg

Re: Just worked over the powderhorn

Very nice EWOAF!! This is my horn, the drawings are from horns at the Ft Ticonderoga museum and a book the title and author I can't remember.
    033.jpg

Since I live in NY I went with it
    032.jpg

030.jpg

Tried to show some detail
    026.jpg

Kevin