• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater "Justified" Blues

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Anyone else sad to see the season come to an end? Best show on tv and now we have to wait another six months for a new season.

Re: "Justified" Blues

Where's the next new "Sons" season, that's what I want to know......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish they'd renew "Will & Grace". </div></div>

+1 Best show running.

Tonight is going to be difficult when 9:00 rolls around. Oh well only 38 more weeks to go.

That is what I hate about FX you get hooked on a show and then have to wait forever for the next season. I quit watching S of A and Rescue me because of this shit.

Might have to watch all of the Dexter series to get through.

This is supposed to be the final season for Rescue Me. What'll you do then?

Not to be a spoiler but you just know it ain't gonna end well for Tommy. Same with Justified. You can't go to the trouble to create a character like Raylan Givens (which is really just a warmed-over Seth Bullock from HBO's Deadwood), then give him a "happily ever after." Not the FX guys. They don't do fairy tale endings. I'd bet Tommy Gavin dies in the line of duty. Or not, and his buddies in the house rig it so it looks that way.

Jumping networks, I look for Walt to full embrace his Drug Kingpinship in the upcoming season of Breaking Bad. 'Spect it'll be a full-blown war between he and Gus.

Two things I hate about cable networks, first is that most times they have a small number of episodes per season and the second is the long ass wait.

Rescue Me was a great show till the length between seasons killed it for me

You gotta give 'em one thing, at least the season ender for Justified tied up the big loose ends. You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar. </div></div>

It was in the glass Fred, not in the jar.....already too late, nuthin' ya can do about it.

Ya gotta pay attention to the details dude......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar. </div></div>

It was in the glass Fred, not in the jar.....already too late, nuthin' ya can do about it.

Ya gotta pay attention to the details dude...... </div></div>

LOL nice!!!

But srsly I thought Raylan was gettin the poison!!! had me worried lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar. </div></div>

LOL nice!!!

But srsly I thought Raylan was gettin the poison!!! had me worried lol... </div></div>

Me too, right up until Mag's eyes rolled back in their sockets.

Damn, what an evil bitch she was........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar. </div></div>

LOL nice!!!

But srsly I thought Raylan was gettin the poison!!! had me worried lol... </div></div>

Me too, right up until Mag's eyes rolled back in their sockets.

Damn, what an evil bitch she was........ </div></div>

yeah she was...me and the ol' lady kept hoping Loretta would kill her with the wheelgun!

I believe she mighta had that intention, at first......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to wait until next season to find out who got the poisoned jar. </div></div>

They were fruit jars, not glasses. Ya gotta pay attention to the details dude......

Now did Mags say fruit jar.....or did she say glass.

Can't recall for sure but I don't think she actually said fruit jar.

Mebbe I'm wrong.....

Mom canned a lot of fruit in quart jars a million years ago so the term is generic at best to me....those were pints, and if anything, most commonly used for jams and jellies.

In my opinion, the greatest TV line of all time appeared in the season 2 finale.

Art, via megaphone:

"Do you dumbass peckerwoods understand english? On the ground, hillbillies!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else sad to see the season come to an end? Best show on tv and now we have to wait another six months for a new season.

</div></div>I really liked it, even though he is the bad guy I really like Boyd Crowder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    They were fruit jars, not glasses. Ya gotta pay attention to the details dude...... </div></div>

She broke out the good china for guests.

My family's been canning since the old zinc lids. I'd say 98% of the jars we've got are old mayo of coffee jars. Only have a couple of the fancy ones like she used for gift jellies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut755ln</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else sad to see the season come to an end? Best show on tv and now we have to wait another six months for a new season.

</div></div>I really liked it, even though he is the bad guy I really like Boyd Crowder. </div></div>
    Thats why this show is so good, the character building is great and the story writing is near perfect.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought 'on the ground, hillbillies' was just classic.

Looking forward to season 3. Great show.

Of course, if it has Elmore Leonard (Get Shorty, Joe Kidd, Be Cool, 3:20 to Yuma, Mr. Majestyk, etc) behind it... it's no wonder it's great.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I thought the second season lacked just a bit compared to the first. Still can't wait until the next one!

" Nex time Raylan sees that dawg-legged son of a bitch he's gon be daid!"
    I guess I will bide my time watching reruns until Dexter in September, and then I won't have too long to wait to see how quick Dickie gets a dose of lead in season 3.

Can anyone point me to a recipe for "apple pie" - seems like Mags keeps tweaking it...

My guess would be a quart jar of Apple Jack with standard apple pie spices added. On second thought, heck with the spices just give me the jar of apple jack. Last I had was about 10 years ago and it was niiiice and smoooooth.

If you are talking about her special Apple Pie, a buddy who is a herbalist and I have talked about. He can't think of any plants growing in the region that would have the effect she described. There are local fungus that would have the described effect but the timeline is weeks not minutes.

I hated to see the season come to an end.They made a good build up to the finale.

FX has come up with some very good shows including Rescue Me and The Shield which although uneven in the episodes made me stay til the end. I knew Mackie would wiggle out somehow.

Started watching this last season, my favorite show on the tube by far!

Just finished watching the first season, what an amazing show! I can't believe I didn't watch this when it came out on TV. I'm just upset I have to wait for season 2 to come out on DVD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: packratt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess would be a quart jar of Apple Jack with standard apple pie spices added. On second thought, heck with the spices just give me the jar of apple jack. Last I had was about 10 years ago and it was niiiice and smoooooth.

If you are talking about her special Apple Pie, a buddy who is a herbalist and I have talked about. He can't think of any plants growing in the region that would have the effect she described. There are local fungus that would have the described effect but the timeline is weeks not minutes. </div></div>
    What about American Helebore it can cause cardiac arrest I do beleive. Deadly nightshade? Water Hemlock? Tincture made from rhubarb leaves?

A clear case of <span style="font-weight: bold">Death by McGuffin</span>.

McGuffin (aka: MacGuffin or maguffin) is a term for a PlotEnablingDevice, i.e., a device or plot element in a movie that is deliberately placed to catch the viewer's attention and/or drive the logic of the plot, but which actually serves no further purpose - it won't pop up again later, it won't explain the ending, it won't actually do anything except possibly distract you while you try to figure out its significance. More specifically, it is usually a mysterious package or superweapon or something that everyone in the story is chasing.