• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors K-Bar Bowie.

NaturesKin

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
About 3 years ago I bought a K-Bar Heavy Bowie. It has no gaurd, which I dont like, but it has served me well. I dont think this knife is ever going to die on me. It's gone through hell and I have only had to sharpen it 3 or 4 times. The handle has no damage either.

For any of you survivalists out there, this is the knife I would recomend for protection and woodcrafts. From one survivalist to another.
wink.gif

Re: K-Bar Bowie.

yes it is a VERY good blade, if you want a 5 steps higher go K-Bar Kukri.....now THATS a do it all blade. personally i use an Ontario SP10 machete, EXCELLENT camp tool

Nice! I looked up the Ontario SP10, and I tell you what, I'm in love. Lol. That machete (if you wanna call it a machete, since it's only what, 9"?) is absolutly great. It is kinda like the Bowie I have, except with a nifty guard. And I envy the point on that thing.

I plan on getting one now. How much did you pay for yours? What do the run for price wise?

you can pick one up for about $50 on ebay, but if you are patient you can score a deal. i got mine brand new for $30 w/o sheath knife only. called Ontario and said my "sheath" for my sp10 was wore out, they sent me a new one within a week. so i got lucky, there's deals on ebay, ya just gotta search

The K-Bar machete is a excellent tool. I have battoned a lot of wood with it and it still has a pretty decent edge.I picked mine up locally for like $52 with a sheath.

Mac

whoops i said Spec Plus 10 i meant to say SP8, sorry, lol but the ontario SP10 is by far my favorite knife.