• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K&M Competition Preparation Course (27 July)

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
<span style="font-weight: bold">K & M Precision Rifle Training announces and opens registration for the 27 July- Competition Preparation Course (CPC)</span>

http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/

<span style="font-weight: bold">Competition Preparation Course (1 Day)</span>
Due to multiple requests K&M will offer a one day Competition Preparation Course on Friday, June 27, 2012. The course is designed for shooters to evaluate and seriously train on a series of exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s national level precision rifle competitions. The K&M staff will provide professional mentorship, demonstrations and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance. Make no mistake this is purely a competition based course! Shooters will be presented with roughly 20 different events utilizing the entire K&M Facility. We will walk and talk through how to analyze each event, demonstrate different techniques, then let the shooters experiment (with mentorship) and finally coach each shooter as they conduct the event. Each shooter will be provided ample opportunity train and retrain each event. Shooters will leave with improved marksmanship proficiency, an understanding of their abilities and most importantly proven methods to continue their training once the course is over. K&M is dedicated to the quality of our training and will limit enrollment in order to maintain a ratio of 5 students to 1 instructor.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Panahndle Shooters Challenge</span> will be held on Saturday the 28th of July for those wishing to make a weekend of it. See here for more information: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3371035#Post3371035

<span style="font-weight: bold">Key Topics covered</span>:
• Cold bore data and zeroing of the weapon system
• Positional shooting, prone, standing, kneeling, sitting on and around urban obstacles while stationary and moving under condensed timelines
• Advanced wind reading
• Data gathering out to 1000 yards
• Movers with limited exposure target training and multiple target engagements under condensed timelines
• Snap and multiple target training under condensed timelines
• Practical stress events in urban, wooded and open terrain
• Shot placement and speed drills
• Understanding of environmental effects on external ballistics
• Dissecting and analyzing competition events and the application of scoring well given the shooter abilities
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Course date:</span> 27 July 2012

<span style="font-weight: bold">Remaining Slots Open -</span> 1

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost:</span> $250 (includes lodging in the bunk house (Friday as well if staying for the PSC match on Sat))

To register for the class, click on the link below and register online or give us a call.
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?proj_cat=training

The classes will be held at our first class training facility in Baker, Florida.
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=463

<span style="font-weight: bold">Addition Information:</span>
There are good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels as well. Stock up in town, there are no services near the facility. If you are interested in staying in the bunk house at no cost please contact us.

Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) - 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

Feel free to contact us if you need more specific information. We look forward to seeing everyone and putting on a great training event.

Re: K&M Competition Preparation Course (27 July)

Count me in, this is going to be a great way to move up my match standings.
grin.gif

As always Bryan and Shannon are taking the inputs from the shooting community and converting them into valuable training classes. Throw in a first class range and a “good time had by all” is guaranteed!

I'm in. Always looking for ways to improve.

Oh yeah I'm up for the party!!!!

I'm in!!!

I'm in, looking forward to this course! Been wanting to make a trip down to K&M for some time now.

Guys,

Total updated - only 1 slot left!

I hope everyone that wants to shoot the match takes advantage of this. This is a great way to get trained up and put what you learned in the match the next day.

We should have a few more obstacles ready for everyone to test out.

Bryan

Gentlemen,

We have 1 slot open for the course!

Is there a round count for the course or will we be focusing on positions and strategy stuff? I am good with just working on getting good sight picture from these "interesting" positions you match directors come up with. Squeezing and hitting is the easy part once you get a good sight picture.

100-150 rounds for the course, 100 for the match on saturday

Paul,

Yes, 100-150 rounds for the course then 100 rounds for the match.

The course will cover all of the above. We will talk, walk and run through multiple stages from long range prone events, positional, to the toughest run and guns stages. Techniques, strategies and applying fundamentals under these stress (match) conditions will be discussed and trained in depth.

Shannon

Shooters,

Thanks to all who attended! Conditions were hot yet everyone battled it out and we had a great course. This is an enjoyable course to teach and it was a pleasure to meet new shooters and catch up with familiar ones. See you all down the road very soon!

Look for K&M to offer this course twice a year in the future. It will usually be a day before a Panhandle Shooters Challenge so attendees can make a weekend of it.

Shannon

I drove from Dallas to K&M for this one day course. By 10:00am I had learned enough to make the trip worthwhile. I had also learned why Bryan and Shannon are so successful at competition shooting. They leave no part of the shooting process unanalyzed and attempt to perfect each part. I have taken allot of shooting courses over the years and this was by far the best, most professionally run course I have ever attended. Being a good shooter doesn't make you a good teacher. These guys did a great job of transfering their knowledge to us in terms that were easy to understand. It would have taken me two of entering competitions to learn what I learned in one day at K&M. That is money well spent.

I also want to say that pictures and to some extent words can not do the K&M facility justice. I expected it to be nice, but flawless is the only word I can use to describe it. Not only is it the nicest competition gun range in the country, it is in a beautiful area of Florida where white sand beaches are only a little over an hour away. Bryan and Shannon have created the "Disneyland" of long range facilities. If you live within a days drive of this facility, you should consider joining. Spend a few days shooting and a few days on the beach. It just doesn't get any better! Thanks guys for all you did to help all of us this weekend.