• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K&M, Harrel"s, Sinclair Arbor Presses?

SFree

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2005
USA
K&M, Sinclair, and Harrel's arbor presses are small, light, portable, precise...
Benchresters have used these types at the range for portability and precision for quite some time. My query is for those who have or have seen them in action, which has the most admirable features and best function?
My search is for field type loading so not to have to carry, bolt and unbolt a bench leviathon, but the most bang for the buck.

Tell me whatcha all think??

Re: K&M, Harrel"s, Sinclair Arbor Presses?

For my benchrest box, I use a RCBS Partner for FL Sizing most caliber cases. Let me restate that. 308 win and smaller cases. It has a 4"X8"X1/2" aluminum plate bolted to it. That is used as a base for C-clamps to hold it to the table.

I use a Sinclair's arbor press to seat bullets only, with a straight line Wilson die with an adjustable micrometer top. When I started out I used an arbor press for everything at the range. That isn't very practicle. It's way too time comsuming. If you get an arbor press get one that sits flat. (With no humps and bumps on the plate.) Stainless or Nickel plated to resist rust is something I required when I bought this one. My first one didn't have that.

Good luck.

I have owned both the K&M and the Sinclair.

Both are of excellent quality, but the Sinclair is easier to adjust for different calibers. Not a big deal, but a deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For my benchrest box, I use a RCBS Partner for FL Sizing most caliber cases. Let me restate that. 308 win and smaller cases. It has a 4"X8"X1/2" aluminum plate bolted to it. That is used as a base for C-clamps to hold it to the table.

I use a Sinclair's arbor press to seat bullets only, with a straight line Wilson die with an adjustable micrometer top. When I started out I used an arbor press for everything at the range. That isn't very practicle. It's way too time comsuming. If you get an arbor press get one that sits flat. (With no humps and bumps on the plate.) Stainless or Nickel plated to resist rust is something I required when I bought this one. My first one didn't have that.

Good luck. </div></div>

You and I are one the same page, again. Hard to beat the little RCBS for necking the cases.

Arbor presses work well for the benchrest crowd. They usually neck size brass using Wilson dies.They dont run alot of neck tension,around .001. The BR guys like to tune thier loads for the conditions they shoot in, changing thier powder charges as they go. Arbor presses are ideal for this type of shooting.So if you are going to change powder charges often, neck size brass, and use Wilson type dies this would be an ideal set up for you.
If you fl resize your brass at the range Victors reccommendation of an RCBS partner press would be a better choice.